More than 22 million Americans of all ages have asthma. Prepare to talk to your doctor about symptoms, diagnosis and treatment options.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans of all ages have asthma. Prepare to talk to your doctor about symptoms, diagnosis and treatment options.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Childhood Asthma Childhood asthma facts, including causes, symptoms & complications.
- Grass Pollen Allergy Get the facts about grass pollen Allergy.
- Home Allergies Facts about indoor allergies, including symptoms & common allergens.
- Persistent Asthma Facts about persistent asthma, including the criteria for diagnosis.
- Pregnancy Facts about pregnancy, including symptoms you can expect to have.
- Ragweed Allergy Ragweed allergy facts: symptoms, how to avoid it, trigger foods.
- Seasonal Allergies Facts about seasonal allergies, the different types and the symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Book Online Now
Dr. Rebecca P Schwanecke has the following 2 specialties
- Neonatal-Perinatal Medicine
The main responsibility of a perinatologists, also known as a maternal-fetal medicine specialist, is to treat, monitor and assist pregnant mothers through high-risk pregnancies. This includes high blood pressure, early labor and bleeding. They’re also able to identify birth defects and then recommend necessary treatments to support your baby before he/she is born.
Other reasons you may need to see a perinatologist during your pregnancy include diabetes, problems with a previous pregnancy or carrying twins. Having completed OB-GYN training, they’re experts on the female reproductive system with additional specialized training in un-routine pregnancies. So, whether you know you’re at risk going into your pregnancy or problems arise unexpectedly, perinatologists can help you.
A pediatrician is a doctor who specializes in the regular care of children, as well as the diagnosis and treatment of illness in children. Young patients are often more complicated to treat because they are still growing and developing.
While pediatricians may sub-specialize in specific therapy areas like oncology, surgery, ophthalmology, and anesthesiology, in general, pediatricians provide services like vaccinations, health exams, and treatment of common ailments and injuries. In addition, pediatricians are trained to handle the complex emotional and behavioral issues faced by children, especially during puberty.
Pediatricians normally see their patients from birth until the age of 18, although some may agree to treat patients into their early 20s, if requested.
Dr. Rebecca P Schwanecke has the following 4 expertise
- High-Risk Deliveries
- Congenital Anomalies
- Premature Infants
- Congenital Heart Disease
Dr. Rebecca P Schwanecke is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 2 of 7
I really appreciate how Dr. Schwanecke takes the time out of her busy schedule to counsel her patients. She provides families with valuable health education about nutrition, exercise, and safety, in addition to addressing their medical concerns. I believe this is a huge aspect of primary care that often gets dismissed because of the increasing demand to see more and more patients every day, but Dr. Schwanecke continues to make it a priority. I am also impressed by how many of Dr. Schwaneckeâs patients are children or even grandchildren of previous patients. I believe that is a true testament to the wonderful care she provides.
My mom has been taking me and my siblings here over 20 years and i have brought my own kids and she is not the same as before. Doesnt explain, everyone is rude, she takes forever and rushes you. you wait in the waiting room and exam room forever and they dont call you back for results. Plus she just points her light at your childs ears and mouth and nose and doesnt even put it in there and put her eye on it she only does this in less than 5 seconds and when i went to the ER the same day my child had an ear infection but she doesnt check everything right. Her office exam beds are torn and pathced with brown tape and the carpet is stained. Im switching dr.s soon!
- University Of Santo Tomas
Texas Childrens Hospital
Dr. Rebecca P Schwanecke accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS TX BlueChoice
- BCBS TX HMO Blue Texas
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & Directions
Dr. Rebecca P Schwanecke is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Houston, TX.