Autism Spectrum Disorder
Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD), including the different types and the most common symptoms.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans suffer from asthma. Get the facts.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Childhood Asthma Childhood asthma facts, including causes, symptoms & complications.
- Grass Pollen Allergy Get the facts about grass pollen Allergy.
- Home Allergies Facts about indoor allergies, including symptoms & common allergens.
- Persistent Asthma Facts about persistent asthma, including the criteria for diagnosis.
- Pregnancy Facts about pregnancy, including symptoms you can expect to have.
- Ragweed Allergy Ragweed allergy facts: symptoms, how to avoid it, trigger foods.
- Seasonal Allergies Facts about seasonal allergies, the different types and the symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Rebecca E Abernathy has the following 1 specialty
A pediatrician is a doctor who specializes in the regular care of children, as well as the diagnosis and treatment of illness in children. Young patients are often more complicated to treat because they are still growing and developing.
While pediatricians may sub-specialize in specific therapy areas like oncology, surgery, ophthalmology, and anesthesiology, in general, pediatricians provide services like vaccinations, health exams, and treatment of common ailments and injuries. In addition, pediatricians are trained to handle the complex emotional and behavioral issues faced by children, especially during puberty.
Pediatricians normally see their patients from birth until the age of 18, although some may agree to treat patients into their early 20s, if requested.
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
- Pink eye (Conjunctivitis)
- Hearing Loss
- Pediatric Diabetes
- Urinary Tract Infections (UTI)
- Acne (Acne Vulgaris)
- Acid Reflux Disease (Gastroesophageal Reflux / GERD)
- Chest Pain (Angina)
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 7
I don't usually leave reviews, but felt compelled to do so. Abernathy seems almost to "get off" on using scare tactics when it comes to important issues concerning your child. I have never seen a doctor do this, but she seems to enjoy trying to convince the parents that something really bad is going on with their child when it is not. Chalk it up to narcissism maybe?
I'm not sure if she has personal issues but she has misdiagnosed multiple times. I know several parents who refuse to see her if they need to be seen. I love this practice and every other doctor there is amazing but Abernathy definitely has major flaws as a doctor and has dropped the ball not on minor things but major life altering decisions.
I will never take my child to this doctor again. She did not take time to answer my questions, rushed us through the appointment, did not seem knowledgeable, unprofessional, and very unfriendly. I left and got a second opinion. I felt like I was an inconvenience to her. She barely even looked at my child. I expect much more from a pediatrician.
23 Years Experience
Virginia Commonwealth University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1995
Virginia Commonwealth University Health System
Dr. Rebecca E Abernathy accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Anthem HealthKeepers HMO POS
- Anthem KeyCare PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry - Bon Secours Tier 2
- Coventry - Southside Tier 2
- Coventry Southern Health PPO
- Coventry Virginia - HMO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- Optima Health OptimaFit Direct HMO
- Optima Vantage HMO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Optimum Choice Preferred POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsPediatrics At Orange, 661 University Ln Ste A, Orange, VA
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Rebecca E Abernathy in this video.
Dr. Rebecca E Abernathy is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Orange, VA.