Dr. Rebecca Steckel Is this you?

3.3

Have you seen Dr. Rebecca Steckel?

Posted on November 5th, 2015

I just moved to Somerset and my insurance co. gave me Rebecca number, but after reading all the reviews decided not to try her. She needs to work on her attitude.. ...hire decent friendly staff if she needs new pt. Or keep old one's. Best of luck

Posted on October 30th, 2015

I have been going to Dr. Steckel's practice for 23 years and would never change my doctor. They have nice staff and she's a very good doctor.

Straight to the point

Posted on September 29th, 2015

I am currently a patient of Dr. Steckel so are my children. I like that she doesn't color coat anything, she is straight and to the point which some people may find dry and rude but she has always been very nice, courteous and professional with me. She is not a chatter box and I appreciate that. I like that she remembers what my children like and would like to do in the future. Her current staff has been very kind and courteous as well. The office can use a fresh coat of paint but I am not visiting her for her decorative skills, I am visiting her for her professional skills; and I find she is constantly keeping up to date with the latest medical advances which is a plus for me.

Not the best office

Posted on August 21st, 2015

Office is convenient and Dr. Steckel is knowledgeable, but seems always in a rush. There were a couple of incidents which I was not happy about her bedside manners, like giving my daughter, who's afraid of needles the chicken pox vaccine even though she had the chicken pox and gave it to her a few years later because she didn't review her records. Then telling me that seeing a specialist was not going to help as he was not going to tell me anything different, but when I went, he was much more informative about my diabetes and gave me a different medication that didn't cost me $3600/yr that Dr. Steckel prescribed. She doesn't know everything, but think she does. She's good as a general practictioner, but go to a specialist if you know something is wrong. She seems to be in it for the money.

Felt like we were an interruption, trying to discuss concern about our son's reaction to meds. Felt brushed off.

Posted on March 11th, 2015

Posted on February 27th, 2015

Excellent staff. Not too fond of the doctor or office manager.

Find Another Doctor

Posted on August 31st, 2012

Dr. Steckel has made it abundantly clear over many years that her bottom line is more important than anything else. Money is the top issue no matter what.She does not have any interest in being the admitting physician for emergencies and does not arrive at the hospital at all during the hospital stay.She is very moody and varies from being very caring to being very snotty.She demands quarterly visits for meds, but the feeling is always that it means the dollar is most important.Her office is grubby looking.A former patient.

All Business

Posted on May 10th, 2012

All my visits with this doctor has felt like it was all about money and not so much about how she can provide the best care for my new born baby.I have not been going to this doctor for more than a year but I'm still getting bills from them through their collections agency. They claim to have notified me, even though I have not recieved any email, phone call, or mail. If the staff made a mistake on your bills they will refuse to fix the problem, they are not accomodating.I would never go to this physician again.

Posted on August 24th, 2011

I was in one of her hospitals after emerency surgery and my surgeon was trying to alert her and she wanted nothing to do with me. She kept saying protocol had to be followed and she didnt think it was. So rather than making the effort to find out about me she let me sit in there for 5 days.

The worst doctor I have ever had

Posted on March 4th, 2011

Dr Steckel has poor bedside manner. She misinformed/misdiagnosed me on two occasions and when I asked her for further information the first time, she asked me to go look it up online. She is awful. Needless to say I took my records and got away from her but not soon enough. There are doctors far better than Dr Steckel.

Rude doctor, rude staff

Posted on January 23rd, 2011

I went to this doctor out of convenience for the past two years. Her staff is incredibly rude and unprofessional. I was made to feel like a nuisance each time I called the office for any reason at all. Wait time is incredibly long at her office and the office itself is filthy. Dr. Steckel herself is arrogant, has terrible bedside manner, is very rushed, moody and condescending. Worst experience at a doctor's office I've ever had.

Amazing Doctor

Posted on September 14th, 2010

I spoke with Dr. Steckel about her staff and a month later she fired them and hired new and experienced staff. I recommend Dr. Steckel.