Get the facts about lung cancer, including how many people get it and what increases your risk for developing it.
- Lung Cancer Get lung cancer facts, including risk for developing it.
- Metastatic Melanoma The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer.
- Skin Cancer Get the facts about skin cancer, including the types and symptoms.
- Bowel Incontinence Facts about bowel incontinence, including causes & who's most at risk.
- Breast Cancer Breast cancer facts, including risks for developing it.
- Cancer Get the facts you need about cancer.
- Chemotherapy A breakdown of the types of chemotherapy & potential side effects.
- Colonoscopy Facts about colonoscopy, including how and why it's done.
- Endometriosis Facts about endometriosis, including symptoms.
- Lymphoma Lymphoma symptoms & the difference between Hodgkin's & Non-Hodgkin's.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Rebekah White
Rebekah White, MD,, FACS is a Doctor primarily located in La Jolla, CA, with another office in San Diego, CA. She has 17 years of experience. Her specialties include General Surgery and Surgical Oncology. Rebekah White is affiliated with Memorial Hospital For Cancer And Allied Diseases, Durham VA Medical and Duke University Hospital.
Rebekah White has the following 2 specialties
- General Surgery
A surgical specialist is a physician who has additional training in a specific area of surgery.
The American Board of Medical Specialties acknowledges the following surgical specialties: general surgery, thoracic and cardiac surgery, colon and rectal surgery, obstetrics and gynecological surgery, neurological surgery, ophthalmic surgery, oral and maxillofacial surgery, orthopedic surgery, otolaryngological surgery, pediatric surgery, plastic surgery, urological surgery, and vascular surgery.
Some procedures are performed by more than one type of specialist. Also, some surgeons may choose to specialize in specific procedures within their specialty area. For example, a plastic and maxillofacial surgeon may specialize in performing rhinoplasty procedures.
- Surgical Oncology
Surgical oncologists play various roles in treating cancer. They can perform biopsies to determine if a tumor is cancerous or not. If it is, they’re trained to remove the tumor, tissue, and in some cases, all or part of an organ or bodily structure where the cancer has spread. In addition to removing cancer, they can perform any reconstructive surgeries that may be necessary.
Many surgical oncologists specialize in certain types of cancer, such as liver, lung or breast. Don’t be afraid to ask them what they have the most experience treating. When looking for a doctor, it’s important to know that general surgeons are also qualified to perform many of the same surgeries. However, surgical oncologists have specific training in recognizing and treating cancer, which some patients prefer.
- Gastrointestinal Cancer
- Laparoscopic Surgery (Laparoscopy)
- Liver Cancer
- Liver Diseases
- Pancreatic Cancer
- Pancreatic Diseases
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 7
White is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Memorial Hospital For Cancer And Allied Diseases
Durham VA Medical
Duke University Hospital
Durham Veterans Affairs Medical Center
17 Years Experience
Duke University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1997
Rebekah White accepts the following insurance providers.
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Rebekah White is similar to the following 3 Doctors near La Jolla, CA.