Get the facts about clinical depression, including the symptoms and related depressive disorders.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- Schizophrenia Facts about schizophrenia, including the different types.
- Tardive Dyskinesia Facts about Tardive Dyskinesia, including symptoms and treatment
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Reeba E Chacko has the following 2 specialties
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
- Child & Adolescent Psychiatry
- Mood Disorders
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Sleep Disorders
- Depressive Disorder
- Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Personality Disorder
- Mental Illness
- Bipolar Disorder
- Manic Depressive Disorder
Showing 5 of 6
Both my son and I have been with Dr. Chacko for over 10 years and we have no plans of changing providers in the foreseeable future. My son was 6 years old when she started with him. He has been diagnosed with Pediatric Onset Bipolar Disorder (with ultra-rapid cycling, accompanied by bouts of psychosis and paranoia), ADHD (severe - combined type) (prior DX by another doc whom I fired), ODD (Oppositional Defiant Disorder) (prior DX by another doc whom I fired). He has only been hospitalized twice (ages 10 & 16) because she knows that I can handle most anything at home.She has truly been a life-saver for both of us. Dr. C is not afraid of tweaking meds or trying another med when she and the parent agree that something isn't working. She is very open to parent input and knows that meds need to be titrated up slowly to find the right dosage and down slowly, for the safety of the patient. She is currently on staff at IntraCare North Hospital (near FM 1960) and is terrific about communicating with parents and doing call-backs.
36 Years Experience
Seth Gs Medical College
Graduated in 1982
Childrens National Medical Center
Dr. Reeba E Chacko accepts the following insurance providers.
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Dr. Reeba E Chacko is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Houston, TX.