Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Reena R Talreja-Pelaez has the following 1 specialty
- Obstetrics & Gynecology
- Hot Flashes
- Menstrual Pain
- Child Birth
- Pap Smear
- Pelvic Exam
- Birth Control
- Women's Health
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 26
Dr. Talreja was highly recommended and although I had not had good experiences in the past with female OB/GYN doctors, Dr. Talreja was a perfect choice. I have had multiple problems in the past, a kidney transplant at age 14, 8 bi-lateral hip replacements, one miscarriage, and had my tubes tied. Dr. Talreja listened and attended to every single comment or question I asked, gave solutions, and options to me for my gynecological care. I am 55 years old, menopausal and I did not want any hormones since I have been on prednisone most of my life. She listened to me and took all of my medications into consideration before prescribing anything, gave me natural alternatives for issues I was having, and I love her. I was a former patient of Dr. Kenneth Mulhendorf who retired and that is why I made the switch to Dr. Talreja. I would never leave her.
Dr. Talreja is a well-respected physician in the community. Patients should understand that they don't know more than the doctor. Some patients think they know more than the doctor and diagnose themselves and demand that the doctor perform the surgery THEY want because they educate themselves on Google or Wikipedia. Dr. Talreja went to Vanderbilt according to her profile. If you knew that you had a .26% chance of cancer then why would you worry about it? ANYTIME you have a biopsy it technically COULD be cancer. The staff at Dr. Talreja's practice has always been kind, considerate and shown great courtesy. Dr. Talreja is kind, compassionate and knowledgable. She gives you all the options and patiently explains each one and helps guide you to make a decision, as any good physician should because SHE IS THE DOCTOR!!!!Some people think doctors should not have a personal life. Doctors are people too and should not have to cancel their vacations because someone is postop.
16 Years Experience
Vanderbilt University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 2002
Vanderbilt University Medical Center
Dr. Reena R Talreja-Pelaez accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Anthem HealthKeepers HMO POS
- Anthem KeyCare PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry Southern Health PPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- Optima Health OptimaFit Direct HMO
- Optima Vantage HMO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsVirginia Beach Ob/Gyn, 1181 First Colonial Rd Ste 200, Virginia Beach, VA
Dr. Reena R Talreja-Pelaez is similar to the following 0 Doctors near Virginia Beach, VA.