Get the facts about contraceptive implants, including how they work, the benefits and risks, and what types of doctors implant them.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Urinary Incontinence The symptoms and causes of urinary incontinence or urge incontinence.
- Contraceptive Implants Facts about contraceptive implants; how they work, benefits & risks.
- Endometriosis Facts about endometriosis, including symptoms.
- Hysterectomy Why a hysterectomy is performed and different surgeries available.
- IUD Types, risks & benefits of intrauterine devices (IUD) for protection.
- Infertility Facts about infertility, including the risk factors and causes.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Menorrhagia Get the facts about menorrhagia, including the causes, symptoms, and doctors who treat it.
- Migraine Facts about migraine headaches and different types of migraines.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Regis Weiss
Dr. Regis Weiss, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Lake Forest, IL, with another office in Elk Grove Village, IL. He has 43 years of experience. His specialties include Gynecologic Oncology and Obstetrics and Gynecology. Dr. Weiss is affiliated with Advocate Good Shepherd Hospital, Adventist GlenOaks Hospital and St Alexius Medical Center. Dr. Weiss has received 2 awards. He speaks English.
Dr. Regis Weiss has the following 2 specialties
- Gynecologic Oncology
Gynecologic oncologists specialize in cancers that occur in the female reproductive system. This includes ovarian cancer, cervical cancer and endometrial cancer, as well as the less commonly talked about female reproductive cancers like vulvar cancer, vaginal cancer and fallopian tube cancer.
In addition to diagnosing the stage of your cancer and recommending treatment options, they’ll provide care throughout your treatment and help you manage your symptoms. They’ll often work closely with a pathologist and a radiologist to properly diagnose you and determine if your cancer is shrinking or spreading throughout treatment. They’re even trained to administer chemotherapy and to perform surgery to remove cancer when necessary.
- Obstetrics and Gynecology
An obstetrician & gynecologist, or OB/GYN, is a physician who cares for women throughout their pregnancies, straight through to the delivery of their baby (obstetrician). They also specialize in annual care, as well as the diagnosis and treatment of disorders of the female reproductive system (gynecologist). Many physicians specialize in both of these fields in order to provide complete overall health services to women at every stage of life.
Dr. Regis Weiss has the following 3 expertise
- Laser Surgery
Dr. Regis Weiss is Board Certified in 2 specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 8
Dr Weiss saved my LIFE!!!I was diagnosed with ovarian & uterine cancer in 2003'. I went for 3 opinions & Dr. Weiss made sense at a difficult time in my life. He truly knew what to do.I was a single mother at the time.He is FABULOUS!!!! Very warm & caring Dr.Hard to find someone like him these days.Friendly & helpful staff too.Thanks to Dr. Weiss I am now a 7 YEAR SURVIVOR!!!!
Patients' Choice Award (2011, 2012)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2011, 2012)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Dr. Weiss is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Elmhurst Memorial Hospital Main Campus
43 Years Experience
McGill University Faculty Of Medicine
Graduated in 1974
Dr. Regis Weiss accepts the following insurance providers.
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana National HMO
Locations & Directions
Dr. Regis Weiss is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Lake Forest, IL.