Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetes Diabetes facts and the differences between the different types.
- Diabetic Hyperlipidemia Get all of the facts about diabetic hyperlipidemia.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Diabetic Neuropathy Facts about diabetic neuropathy, including the symptoms and doctors.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- High Blood Pressure Facts about high blood pressure; its causes and complications.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Rehan S Ahmad DO
Dr. Rehan S Ahmad, DO is a Doctor primarily located in Newburgh, NY. He has 20 years of experience. His specialties include Endocrinology, Diabetes and Metabolism and Internal Medicine. Dr. Ahmad is affiliated with St Luke's Cornwall Hospital-Newburgh Campus. He speaks English.
Dr. Rehan S Ahmad has the following 2 specialties
- Endocrinology, Diabetes and Metabolism
An endocrinologist is a physician with extensive training in understanding, diagnosing and treating conditions related to the endocrine system. The endocrine system regulates the balance of hormones.
Conditions of the endocrine system involve an over-abundance, or deficiency of a certain hormone. While there is a range when it comes to the amount of a hormone that is deemed normal in a human, these specialists determine whether a person's amount of hormone is indicative of a health concern. Two conditions this specialist might treat are diabetes and obesity.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Rehan S Ahmad has the following 12 expertise
- Diabetes, Type 2
- Addison Disease
- Gland Issues
- Cushing Disease
- Diabetes Mellitus, Type 1
Dr. Rehan S Ahmad is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 22
Self-verified patient of Dr. Rehan S Ahmad - Posted on February 21st, 2018
Self-verified patient of Dr. Rehan S Ahmad - Posted on November 11th, 2017
I saw Dr. ahmad for low T levels. I had been started on testosterone by my pcp after finding a low level on blood test. Dr. Ahmad looked into reasons why I needed T and discovered that I was misdiagnosed. And did not need T. The symptoms I had were unrelated to T. Glad I saw him Otherwise I'd be on lifelong T replacement unnecessarily.
Great Guy, great Dr.
Self-verified patient of Dr. Rehan S Ahmad - Posted on January 27th, 2017
Appointment With Dr Ahmad
Self-verified patient of Dr. Rehan S Ahmad - Posted on October 15th, 2015
Self-verified patient of Dr. Rehan S Ahmad - Posted on October 13th, 2015
Dr. Ahmad is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
20 Years Experience
University Of Medicine And Dentistry Of New Jersey Robert Wood Johnson Medical School
Graduated in 1999
Dr. Rehan S Ahmad Accepts the Following Insurance
We are sorry, it looks like we don't have insurance information.
Please call Dr. Rehan S Ahmad's office for more information.
5159 Route 9W Ste B Newburgh, NY : (845) 561-5972
Locations & DirectionsORANGE COUNTY DIABETES & END, 5159 Route 9W Ste B, Newburgh, NY
Dr. Rehan S Ahmad is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Newburgh, NY.