Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Rehana M Hethumuni
Dr. Rehana M Hethumuni, DO is a Doctor primarily located in Pasadena, CA. She has 16 years of experience. Her specialties include Adult Medicine and Family Medicine. Dr. Hethumuni is affiliated with Huntington Hospital, Methodist Hospital Southern Ca and Torrance Memorial Medical Center. Dr. Hethumuni has received 1 award. She speaks English.
Dr. Rehana M Hethumuni has the following 2 specialties
- Adult Medicine
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
Showing 5 of 18
I recently went to see Dr. Hethumuni after being referred by my wife, who has been her patient for years. Dr. Hethumuni was everything my wife had praised her for. She is polite, friendly, patient, knowledgeable, and personable. She spoke to me and made me feel like a person and not just a patient. She's my new doc and will be unless I leave Los Angeles.
Dr. Hethumuni is the best doctor I have had. She listens, she asks the right questions, she thinks deeply about your problem and offers good advice for your psyche as well as your body. There is no other doctor I want to see. I get the sense she listens well to all her patients. You may need to be willing to wait a little for her, because she gives attention to everyone. But you'll get your time with her as well.
First of all Rehana Minoli Hethumuni has a DO and not a MD! This should be a big tip off. I hadn't realized it until after I was treated. My initial visit was fine because nothing was wrong with me. It was just a get to know your doctor. But when I came down with pneumonia and I couldn't see make an appointment for a week I became a bit concerned. I went to a walk in clinic where I was put on serious RX to try and clear me up but was encouraged by the clinic to keep my appointment with my primary physician. Her office lost my appointment then told me sorry about the mix up but their hands were tied. They then told me if I was willing to wait until every other patient was seen for the day she would be willing to see me. I told her that I was not willing to "go to the back of the line" for one of their mix ups and saw a physician in their office who could see me right away. This tells me three things: 1) She has a very poorly run office 2) She is very difficult to make appoints with even when you are very ill and 3) She does not value my time or my patronage. I transferred to a different MD right away.
Patients' Choice Award (2008)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Dr. Hethumuni is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
16 Years Experience
Western University Of Health Sciences
Graduated in 2002
Dr. Rehana M Hethumuni accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna HMO Deductible Plan CA only
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Savings Plus of CA
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Blue Cross California
- BC CA California Care Small Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Small Group
- Blue Cross CA Advantage PPO Preferred DirectAccess Plus
- Blue Cross CA California Care Large Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Individual
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Large Group
- Blue Cross CA Pathway X PPO
- Blue Cross CA Select HMO
- Blue Cross CA Select PPO
- Blue Cross CA Select Plus HMO
- Blue Cross CA Vivity
Blue Shield California
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus Savenet
- Blue Shield CA Bronze Full PPO 4500
- Blue Shield CA Local Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA PPO
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Access+ HMO 25
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Cigna Southern CA Select
- First Health PPO
- Health Net CA HMO Employer Group
- Health Net CA HMO SmartCare
- Health Net CA HMO Whole Care Network
- Health Net CA Individual and Family PPO
- Health Net CA PPO
- Health Net EPO - PureCare One Small Business
- Health Net PureCare HSP Individual and Family Plans
- Health Net SmartCare Large Group
- Health Net SmartCare Small Group
LA Care Health
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- PHCS PPO Kaiser
- UHC SignatureValue Flex1
- UHC SignatureValue Flex2
- UHC SignatureValue Focus
- UHC West SignatureValue Alliance
- UHC West SignatureValue HMO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsHealth Care Partners Medical Group, 675 S Arroyo Pkwy Ste 200, Pasadena, CA
Dr. Rehana M Hethumuni is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Pasadena, CA.