Dr. Reinaldo O De Los Heros Is this you?

3.1

Have you seen Dr. Reinaldo O De Los Heros?

This doctor saved my life

When I moved up to Maine in 1999, I had no health insurance, and could not afford to keep up with my mental health medications. It was for almost 7 years, that I was without my medications. I am diagnosed with ADHD (since age 11), PTSD (since age 16), and manic depression. Between 1999 and 2007, my life became a downward spiral. I had gotten in trouble with the law, numerous times. My manic depression was extremely out of control. My PTSD and ADHD kept me isolated from meeting any new people, and by 2006, I was in complete denial that I had any mental health conditions. In early 2007, after an outrageous manic episode, I knew that I needed help in getting back on my medications. I opened the Yellow Pages, there were so many psychiatrists to choose from, so I closed my eyes, and put my finger on a name. That name happened to be Dr. De los Heros. I immediately called, explained my situation, and made an appointment. I also signed a request for my medical records from Massachusetts. I can tell you, that in the first two to three months of seeing a new psychiatrist, it can take many tries at many different medications, before finding the right fit. You have to take into consideration, I had been off all medications for 7 years, and my body had changed drastically. You cannot go by the list of medications a doctor prescribes within 60 days, and be able to say that a patient is on all of those medications at once, because they are not. You try a medication for 7 to 14 days, you go back in for your appointment and you tell the doctor that medication is not working. You then try a new medication, another 7 to 14 days, and that one is not quite working well. Is it the psychiatrist's fault that my medication list is going to be a little long in the first couple of months? Absolutely not. Is it the psychiatrist's fault if I decide to take all of these medications because I still possess the bottles? Absolutely not. Is it okay for me to take only what I am currently prescribed, and then take morphine, or heroin, or any other illegal, illicit drug, and then have my family blame the psychiatrist when I overdose? Absolutely not. My point here is this. Doctor de los Heros is an amazing person, and an amazing doctor. Yes, he did have a percentage of patients who were only seeking treatment with him, in order to get certain medications prescribed. Due to the fact that this doctor is very empathetic and compassionate, and treats every patient equally, he would be fooled alot of the time by this percentage of patience. He did not want to think that any of his patients were lying to him, deceiving him, and currently abusing illegal drugs, or the medications they were being prescribed. I understand the Maine Medical Board pulled a random 10 charts, out of this doctor's office, in order to review and try to find anything they could, that could prove this doctor was not properly treating his patients. I'm not saying this doctor doesn't have a past, we ALL have a past. What I am saying, is that when this doctor lost his license permanently, a small percentage of his patients lives we're at REAL risk. There was nothing set up for the small percentage of patients, who had clean toxicology reports monthly, never missed an appointment, always showed up for a pill count, and never put their treatment at risk. Where were these patients when this doctor lost his license? No one cares. I cannot believe that the Maine Medical Board feels they have made the right decision. They should have pulled all of his charts, and only allowed him to treat that small percentage of patients who were not high risk. Did the Maine Medical Board even check on one of his patients, to let them know that they would need to find a new doctor, or if they had resources available to them, in order to start looking? No. Why? They don't care. I know of at least 10 other psychiatrists in the local area, who are doing far worse than anything doctor de los Heros has ever done. Are they being sanctioned? Are they on probation? Have they lost their license? No. Why? I was one of this doctors longtime patients. Not once did this doctor put me at any risk whatsoever. Had I never met this doctor, I honestly cannot say where, or who I would be in my life today. I do however feel, that the Maine Medical Board did not properly handle this situation, in all aspects. They are fully aware that the waiting list for Psychiatry here in Maine, is at least 3 to 6 months behind. I do believe that they do know what this caused for a lot of his patients, as I also believe they have put all of his patients in the same category, under the same stereotype. That being the reason that they did not care that hundreds of people were going to be immediately without a doctor. If any of his patients are reading this, you can call SMART Child and Family Services. They have locations in South Portland, Biddeford, and Windham. They will be able to help you with all of your mental health needs. You will however, need to provide medical records, proving your diagnosis and history of medications. Thank you for taking the time to read this.

Best doctor I have had in over 25 years!!

Dr. De Los Heros was one of the most amazing doctors I’ve had in my life since being diagnosed with ADHD when I was 11. He truly cared about my well being and what I was doing with my life.

Good doctor.

He is the 3rd Doctor that I've seen for depression and the only one who did a blood test to see what the levels were. I was not getting the full dose. I saw the results.

Reguardless of what you read on the internet, dr de los heros is a good doc doc. He's friendly, has a professional sense of humor and he's thorough & accurate. He's easy to talk to and if you have issues, he's there to get you better.

Over prescribes medications and uses poor judgment. My wife couldn't stand up or speak after a week of taking meds that he prescribed. He told us that this was "normal"... and that all medications have side effects. My wife was admitted to the ER that night.

Over prescribes medicine in dangerous ways. Should lose his license the way he throws prescriptions around. Yes he is very nice and funny and can be pleasant to talk to, but only sees you to give you more meds. He has you fill out a long survey about how you feel with questions like "Do you feel alone in the world?" and "Rate your anxiety 1-10. One he has that, he decides what he thinks is wrong with you, he will use no other means to access your problems. He prescribes dangerous amounts of highly abused drugs. His way of doing medicine is start at a high dose instead of building up in your system, then if you get any side effects, he gives you another new medicine for those instead of just lowering the dose.

Dr. de los Heros is a great psychiatrist and physician! He cares about his patients, and he has a sense of humor, which is something I always look for in a caregiver. In addition to psychistry, he has studied how his patients can benefit from vitamins and food supplements with or without the use of prescription drugs. He is one of best in his field. You really could not ask for a better caregiver. Highly recommended.

Dr. Reinaldo O De Los Heros is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Falmouth, ME.