Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Rekha Issar has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Weight Loss
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
Showing 5 of 11
Walked in on a Saturday with jus 1 person in the waiting room. I was called into the back room about 20 minutes later but then they left me sitting the the back room by myself for over an hour. They said its because I didn't have an appointment so the following week I made an appointment for my results. My appointment was for 12 noon got there at 11:55 a.m and did not get called back and put into a room until 1:30pm. Then they left me in there for another 40 minutes keep in mind there were only 2 patients in the waiting room this time around and I HAD an appointment. Now the front desk girl had an excuse that they only have 1 Dr. On Saturdays and she was nasty and rude. Bottom line I'm changing Doctors, the owner needs to add on another Dr and stop being so cheap, clean up those dirty chairs in the waiting area, and make sure their staff can relate to patients when they get frustrated not say slick things out of their mouth in response. Oh, and just to sum it all up my appointment was for noon and I finally saw the Doctor at 2:10 pm and was out at 2:25 P.M. such a sad shame
Dr. Issa was by far the most unprofessional professional I have ever had the displeasure to encounter. She has several "doc in a box" type practices in our area and caters to those who can least afford her financial manipulation. Her focus is very clearly centered on the "dollar ectomy". There was a time in our country's history that Physician could be admired and respected, but Dr. R. Issar and those like her are exactly what is wrong with our healthcare system today.
Do yourself a favor and run away if you are even considering this doctor. If you are already a patient, then you already know why. The worst doctor I have ever met. She is very demeaning and is clueless when it comes to medical knowledge. All she wants is your money! And the 4 hour wait is EVERY visit. Do whatever you can to change from her practice. I am not a patient, I am a former employee, so sadly I have seen the worst of her.
NCQA Patient-Centered Medical Home
The patient-centered medical home is a way of organizing primary care that emphasizes care coordination and communication to transform primary care into what patients want it to be. Medical homes can lead to higher quality and lower costs, and can improve patients' and providers' experience of care.
Bridges to Excellence: Physician Office Systems Recognition Program
This program is designed to recognize practices that use information systems to enhance the quality of patient care. To obtain Recognition, practices must demonstrate that they have implemented systematic office
Dr. Issar is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Dr. Rekha Issar accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- AvMed Empower
- Avmed Choice
- Florida Blue BlueCare HMO
- Florida Blue BlueOptions
- Florida Blue BlueSelect
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry FL Employer Group PPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana HMO
- Humana HMO Premier
- Humana HMO Select
- Humana National POS
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
UHC of the River Valley
- Neighborhood Health Partnership Commercial
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Dr. Rekha Issar is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Lakeland, FL.