Get the facts about bipolar disorder, including the different types and symptoms of each.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- ADHD Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Chronic Pain Facts about chronic pain, including body parts most commonly affected.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Diabetic Neuropathy Facts about diabetic neuropathy, including the symptoms and doctors.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Rekha P Pole
Dr. Rekha P Pole, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Addison, TX, with another office in Richardson, TX. She has 43 years of experience. Her specialties include Child & Adolescent Psychiatry, Psychiatry and Neurology. Dr. Pole is affiliated with Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital Plano. Dr. Pole has received 1 award. She speaks English.
Dr. Rekha P Pole has the following 3 specialties
- Child & Adolescent Psychiatry
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
A neurologist is a physician who diagnoses and treats disorders of the nervous system which is comprised of the brain, spinal cord and nerves. These doctors do not perform surgery, but refer patients to neurological surgeons when they determine that surgical intervention is necessary.
Some of the conditions that neurologists diagnose and treat are epilepsy, aneurysms, hydrocephalus, Parkinson's disease, multiple sclerosis, stroke, spinal disc herniation, and spinal disease.
In addition to using diagnostic tests like MRI, CT scans, EEG and EMG, neurologists also employ neurological testing to gauge muscle strength and movement, balance, reflexes, sensation, memory, speech, and other cognitive abilities.
- Depressive Disorder
- Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Manic Depressive Disorder
- Mood Disorders
- Binge Eating Disorder
- Sleep Disorders
- Bipolar Disorder
- Mental Illness
- Personality Disorder
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 49
Dr. Pole is the best psychiatrist my family has ever seen. She is patient, direct, understanding and compassionate. She is thorough and experienced, bringing both those traits into every meeting. She has helped my child with her mood-disorder since she was 8, helping her ride the waves of puberty with balance and stability. The office at Metroplex Psychiatric in Richardson is run in an extremely rigid and unfriendly manner. The procedures are definitely not designed with the patient in mind. If Dr. Pole wasn't such a tremendous help to our family, the office staff would have driven us elsewhere by now.
Dr. Pole is a great doctor. She is caring and smarts. She relates to each patient and really listens.
Dr. Pole is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
43 Years Experience
Karnataka Institute Of Medical Sciences
Graduated in 1975
University Of Texas Health System
Dr. Rekha P Pole accepts the following insurance providers.
- BCBS TX Blue Advantage HMO
- BCBS TX HMO Blue Texas
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Rekha P Pole in this video.
Dr. Rekha P Pole is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Addison, TX.