Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Arrhythmia Facts about arrythmia, inclding the types, symptoms and causes.
- Atrial Fibrillation Facts about atrial fibrillation, including symptoms and risk factors.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Coronary Artery Angioplasty with Stent Coronary artery angioplasty with stent facts, including who needs it.
- Coronary Heart Disease Get the facts about coronary heart disease.
- Deep Vein Thrombosis Facts about deep vein thrombosis (DVT), including symptoms & causes.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Rene J Gomez has the following 2 specialties
- Cardiovascular Disease
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Unstable Angina
- Blood Clot
- Heart Failure
- Heart Block
- Acute Coronary Syndrome (ACS)
- High Cholesterol
- Heart Attack
- Heart Diseases
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 19
I changed insurance companies at the beginning of the year so I had to select a new PCP. Dr. Gomez was recommended to me and I was not disappointed. His bedside manner and treatment were excellent. He is a caring and friendly doctor, who spends the time with the patient, answers questions and quiet any concerns. Yes, I was told by others I may have to wait a little longer than I would like, but it's well worth it. Hard to find a reputable, caring doctors anymore. I am fortunate to have Dr. Gomez.
Although, Dr. Gomez has a easygoing personality, his medical visit lacks structure. He would go in and out the consultation room too many times, and once He was done examining me hid not provide me with his medical conclusion. He ordered a blood and urine work up, but I had to call for the results and asked for him to call me in order to discuss the test results and recommendations. He never call me back. Consequently, I went to another doctor.
Dr. Rene Gomez is terrific. I wish I had picked him as my primary physician ages ago. What a difference from my past experience. He is very competent, a good listener, and a good teacher. His staff are outstanding: very helpful, friendly, make one feel relazed, sweet. Again, such a difference from my past experiences with physician staff.
Prince Georges Hospital Center
Dr. Rene J Gomez accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- AvMed Empower
- AvMed Engage
- Avmed Choice
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- Florida Blue BlueOptions
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry FL Employer Group HMO Open Access
- Coventry FL Employer Group PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana HMO
- Humana HMO Premier
- Humana HMO Select
- Humana National POS
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsRene J Gomez Md, 8950 SW 74th Ct Ste 1404, Miami, FL
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Rene J Gomez in this video.
Dr. Rene J Gomez is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Miami, FL.