Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Book Online Now
Dr. Rene R Rigal has the following 2 specialties
- Pain Medicine
Anesthesiologists are physicians who are trained to administer anesthetics, which are medicines used to block nerve sensation. Anesthesia can be either local to one specific part of a body, like a tooth, or regional to block feeling to a larger portion of the body, such as during an epidural for child birth. It can also be more general to block sensation to the entire body, resulting in unconsciousness.
Anesthesiologists assist in surgery by determining how much anesthesia is necessary and by monitoring the patient's level of responsiveness and vital signs throughout the procedure. The anesthesia specialist will also bring the patient out of anesthesia and then continue to monitor his or her vital signs post-operation.
Besides assisting in surgeries, anesthesiologists may also treat patients suffering from chronic pain.
Dr. Rene R Rigal has the following 3 expertise
- Cancer Pain
- Chronic Pain
- Acute Pain
Dr. Rene R Rigal has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 5 of 18
Very condescending and berating attitude. Did not do an exam before determining what he would do. Did not take into consideration what my previous pain doctor had done and worked for me and did a procedure that had no benefit. Looked for and found a caring doctor. Would not send anyone to Dr. Rigal!
The doctor was very preachy and made me feel like I was some sort of trash because of my problem. He has no compassion for patients and acts as though I was wasting his time. His nurses were very nice. I feel sorry that they have to work with a man like that. If he treats patients this poorly how does he treat his employees? Not recommended.
Very smug and dismissive. Didn't want to listen to what I had to say. Just preached about everything but the problem. My wife had to leave because she was so upset with him. Just a very small minded person. However his staff was very very considerate. They apologized for him and stated that he is like this with many many people and they get complaints about him all the time. At least his staff was nice.
45 Years Experience
University Of Puerto Rico School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1973
New York Presbyterian Hospital
Dr. Rene R Rigal accepts the following insurance providers.
UPMC Health Plan
- UPMC PPO
- UPMC Premium Network Plans
Locations & DirectionsAllegheny Pain Management, 1402 9th Ave, Altoona, PA
Dr. Rene R Rigal is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Altoona, PA.