Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Rene M Rodriguez has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Rene M Rodriguez has the following 6 expertise
- Weight Loss
Dr. Rene M Rodriguez has 1 board certified specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Rene M Rodriguez is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 16
I have never seen such a rude, lazy, and useless staff as he has in his office. They don't make anything easy for their patients. Medication refills, paperwork filled out, etc. If their is any kind of issue, they will not help in any way. Dr. Rodriguez really needs to do something about the situation because it really makes him look bad, too.
Being my primary care physician, he had compassion for the other life events going on in my life and their impact on my health. Through his counseling on diet and weight management I went from being considered Diabetic to glucose intolerant after learning to manage my sugars naturally and normal readings for 2 years. Since diabetes has taken the lives of many of my loved ones, I'm happy to have a doctor that worked with me on this issue.
When I first started seeing Dr. Rodriguez I was told by friends that they wouldn't recommend him because of his bedside manner with their parents. I defended him because I liked him as a doctor. Recently it has been very different. It's not him as a doctor, but his staff represents him and I'm sure they receive their direction from him. If you are very ill and need to see your doctor right away, Dr. Rodriguez is not the doctor for you. If you need medical records for a referral expect to wait months and then be treated rudely by his staff. If he's been your PCP for over 3 years and you need life insurance paperwork filled out while waiting for medical records to be sent to another doctor, don't expect to get the paperwork to be filled out even if you offer to pay for service. In other words if you want professional courteous service which you and your insurance pay for, I would not recommend this doctor.
47 Years Experience
Universidad De San Carlos
Graduated in 1971
New Rochelle Hospital
Dr. Rene M Rodriguez accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- BCBS TX HMO Blue Texas
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & Directions
Dr. Rene M Rodriguez is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Corpus Christi, TX.