Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetes Diabetes facts and the differences between the different types.
- Diabetic Hyperlipidemia Get all of the facts about diabetic hyperlipidemia.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Diabetic Neuropathy Facts about diabetic neuropathy, including the symptoms and doctors.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- High Blood Pressure Facts about high blood pressure; its causes and complications.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Book Online Now
Dr. Renee E Amori has the following 2 specialties
- Endocrinology, Diabetes and Metabolism
An endocrinologist is a physician with extensive training in understanding, diagnosing and treating conditions related to the endocrine system. The endocrine system regulates the balance of hormones.
Conditions of the endocrine system involve an over-abundance, or deficiency of a certain hormone. While there is a range when it comes to the amount of a hormone that is deemed normal in a human, these specialists determine whether a person's amount of hormone is indicative of a health concern. Two conditions this specialist might treat are diabetes and obesity.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Renee E Amori has the following 12 expertise
- Gland Issues
- Diabetes Mellitus, Type 1
- Cushing Disease
- Addison Disease
- Diabetes, Type 2
Dr. Renee E Amori is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 3 of 15
I might as well have sent a picture of myself in my place
Self-verified patient of Dr. Renee E Amori - Posted on April 5th, 2013
This doctor did not listen to a single concern, or bit of my history. She looked at my blood work (TSH levels alone) and insisted I was being treated incorrectly by another physician whom I know and trust. Not only that, she outright insulted that physician for diagnosing me the way he did. I am very certain that her entire motivation is in prescribing the pharmaceuticals readily available in the office. When I tried to talk to her about how weight gain with thyroid issues affected me, she dismissed this as if I was vain, and told me that 15-20 pounds is completely natural for women to gain after high school. HA! I'm sure that's what SHE would like to believe. I have a high knowledge of the endocrine system and teach it at the collegiate level. When I asked her very clear questions on why she was prescribing what she was prescribing, basically pointing out that what she was saying made no sense, her only answer was "that's just what we do here". Terrific. Go elsewhere.
Self-verified patient of Dr. Renee E Amori - Posted on August 16th, 2012
No beside manner
Self-verified patient of Dr. Renee E Amori - Posted on September 8th, 2010
Castle Connolly Regional Top Doctors
Castle Connolly is America's trusted source for the identification of Top Doctors. Their physician-led research team reviews and screens the credentials of tens of thousands of physicians who are nominated by their peers annually, via a nationwide online process, before selecting those physicians who are regionally or nationally among the very best in their medical specialties. Castle Connolly believes strongly that Top Doctors Make a Difference™.
Patients' Choice Award (2012)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Dr. Amori is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Rhode Island Hospital
Dr. Renee E Amori accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Select
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Capital Blue Cross
- Capital BC PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry HealthAmerica HMO
- Coventry HealthAmerica PPO
- First Health PPO
- Horizon PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- IBC Keystone HMO POS
- IBC Personal Choice PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsPHILADELPHIA EAR NOSE & THROAT, 219 N Broad St Fl 10, Philadelphia, PA
Dr. Renee E Amori is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Philadelphia, PA.