Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Renee C Armstead has the following 1 specialty
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
Dr. Renee C Armstead has the following 6 expertise
- Family Planning
- Weight Loss
Dr. Renee C Armstead is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 7
In reality, I should rate her for 5 people, in which she would get only one star, and only one star because I have to give one. She has misdiagnosed each person of my family, with two of us ending up in the ER and admitted because she refused to treat, based on her diagnosis, which was wrong. We have many friends in the Milan area that ended up quitting IHA because of her, and finding another doctor. We are so happy we did! Her misdiagnosis of me ended up with me needing surgery for serious illness. I can't believe she's allowed to practice medicine. She also failed to diagnose a serious kidney failure in one of my dearest friends. How sad! Complaints have been made, but apparently they refuse to address issues? Or don't find those issues serious enough to warrant having her released from her current practice. One that I used to have a lot of respect for.
Dr. Armstead is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
20 Years Experience
Wayne State University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1998
Henry Ford Health System
Dr. Renee C Armstead accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL PPO
- BCBS MI Blue Care Network HMO Group Enrollees
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- HAP Preferred PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- PriorityHealth HMO
- PriorityHealth Priority PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsIha Milan Family And Internal Medicine, 870 E Arkona Rd Ste 100, Milan, MI
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Renee C Armstead in this video.
Dr. Renee C Armstead is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Milan, MI.