Get the facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Chronic Pain Facts about chronic pain, including body parts most commonly affected.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Diabetic Neuropathy Facts about diabetic neuropathy, including the symptoms and doctors.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- Insomnia Facts about insomnia; who gets it and what causes it.
- Lyme Disease Facts about lyme disease; where it’s found and stages of the disease
- Migraine Facts about migraine headaches and different types of migraines.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Judith R Buchanan
Dr. Judith R Buchanan, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Cedar Rapids, IA, with another office in Iowa City, IA. She has 11 years of experience. Her specialties include Neurology and Neuromuscular Medicine. Dr. Buchanan is affiliated with UnityPoint Health St. Luke's Hospital. She speaks English.
Dr. Judith R Buchanan has the following 2 specialties
A neurologist is a physician who diagnoses and treats disorders of the nervous system which is comprised of the brain, spinal cord and nerves. These doctors do not perform surgery, but refer patients to neurological surgeons when they determine that surgical intervention is necessary.
Some of the conditions that neurologists diagnose and treat are epilepsy, aneurysms, hydrocephalus, Parkinson's disease, multiple sclerosis, stroke, spinal disc herniation, and spinal disease.
In addition to using diagnostic tests like MRI, CT scans, EEG and EMG, neurologists also employ neurological testing to gauge muscle strength and movement, balance, reflexes, sensation, memory, speech, and other cognitive abilities.
- Neuromuscular Medicine
- Multiple Sclerosis (MS)
- Alzheimer's Disease
- Migraine Disorder
- Nerve Conduction Studies
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 9
I miss my previous Neurologist, Dr. Tyndall, in Oklahoma City but I will say Dr. Buchanan is wonderful and amazing. She invests her attention and concern in the patient. She actually did a blood test which was abnormal and referred me to a Hematologist who discovered I have a condition which may lead to a blood cancer. Thankfully, its all benign at this time. I really appreciate Dr. Buchanan. She is one thoughtful, caring physician. That is a rare thing these days in this atmosphere of Doctors who seem just to be out to making money.
Dr. Buchanan is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
11 Years Experience
Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center School Of Medicine
Graduated in 2007
Dr. Judith R Buchanan accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL PPO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry IA PPO
- Health Alliance HMO/POS
- Health Alliance PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- Wellmark Alliance Select
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Dr. Judith R Buchanan is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Cedar Rapids, IA.