Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Bowel Incontinence Facts about bowel incontinence, including causes & who's most at risk.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Colonoscopy Facts about colonoscopy, including how and why it's done.
- Colorectal Cancer Facts about Colorectal cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- Crohn's Disease Facts about Crohn’s Disease, including how it affects the body.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Renee J Cabaleiro has the following 2 specialties
A gastroenterologist is a specialist in diagnosis and treatment of conditions involving the digestive/gastrointestinal (GI) tract. These doctors are experts on how food moves through the digestive system and is chemically broken down, with nutrients being absorbed and waste excreted. You might see this kind of doctor if you are experiencing any number of stomach issues, some of which might be severe diarrhea, irritable bowel syndrome, hemorrhoids, ulcers, acid reflux, Crohn's disease and more.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Renee J Cabaleiro has the following 10 expertise
- Acid Reflux Disease (GERD)
- Acid Reflux Disease (Gastroesophageal Reflux / GERD)
- Abdominal Pain
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
- Hepatitis C
- Celiac Disease
- Ulcerative Colitis
Dr. Renee J Cabaleiro has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 5 of 20
However with my family member being an in-patient we are stuck with her for now as I am trying to find a better GI Doctor that is affiliated with the hospital. Fast talker, too rushy with patients and family, takes too long to actually get to the issue. Treating a family member in the hospital and her bed side manner is terrible. Doesn't call family/representatives. She just does what she wants with the patients w/o consulting with family and updating on the issues. Pops up doesn't schedule actual times for in-patient services. I was told by Nursing Managers she pops up because she is just so busy, yeah right. Took weeks to finally do a colonoscopy on my family member when that is normally the first step to diagnosing any gastritis/gi issues. Instead was pushing for surgery when catscans showed no obvious signs of a need for surgical intervention. Took forever to realize she should do a colonoscopy. Family member has gastro issues in general and flare ups every few years and never needed surgery however her actual GI doctor does routine scopes and years later no need for surgery just pain meds and intestinal meds to calm the flare up.
We just came from dr. Cabelieros office. Had a 2pm appointment was there at 1:50 to fill out paperwork finally at 2:50 pm I said to the office girl...what is the delay? She said "the dr. Isn't in yet"! Not very nice with the waiting room,full they never once said there would be a delay even though they had plenty of opportunity.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2014, 2015, 2018)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2014, 2015, 2018)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
31 Years Experience
New York Medical College
Graduated in 1987
Dr. Renee J Cabaleiro accepts the following insurance providers.
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS MA Blue Care Elect PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Empire Blue Priority EPO
- Empire PPO
- Empire Prism EPO Blue Priority
HIP of NY
- Emblem HIP Select PPO
- Horizon BCBS OMNIA - TIER1
- Horizon Direct Access
- Horizon HMO
- Horizon OMNIA
- Horizon POS
- Horizon PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- QualCare HMO
- QualCare PPO
Locations & DirectionsLafayette Medical Center, 390 New York Ave, Newark, NJ
Dr. Renee J Cabaleiro is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Newark, NJ.