- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Gastric Cancer Facts about Gastric Cancer, including symptoms and treatment
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Bowel Incontinence Facts about bowel incontinence, including causes & who's most at risk.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Colonoscopy Facts about colonoscopy, including how and why it's done.
- Colorectal Cancer Facts about Colorectal cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- Crohn's Disease Facts about Crohn’s Disease, including how it affects the body.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Renee Flannagan MD
Dr. Renee Flannagan has the following 2 specialties
A gastroenterologist is a specialist in diagnosis and treatment of conditions involving the digestive/gastrointestinal (GI) tract. These doctors are experts on how food moves through the digestive system and is chemically broken down, with nutrients being absorbed and waste excreted. You might see this kind of doctor if you are experiencing any number of stomach issues, some of which might be severe diarrhea, irritable bowel syndrome, hemorrhoids, ulcers, acid reflux, Crohn's disease and more.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Renee Flannagan has the following 10 expertise
- Hepatitis C
- Celiac Disease
- Ulcerative Colitis
- Acid Reflux Disease (GERD)
- Acid Reflux Disease (Gastroesophageal Reflux / GERD)
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
- Abdominal Pain
Dr. Renee Flannagan is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 11
Self-verified patient of Dr. Renee Flannagan - Posted on March 8th, 2019
I felt I was bothering her
Self-verified patient of Dr. Renee Flannagan - Posted on January 16th, 2019
Where do I start? She was dismissive from the time she walked into the room. I went in because of constipation, pain that kept me down for two days on my right side under my rib and distention in my upper stomach. Her suggestion was a colonoscopy after I drank Mir-a Lax and Gator-aid to clean out. Nothing about why my upper stomach would get hard in one area and be distended for days after I ate. Nothing about the pain short of "your colon is in that area" so are other things like my gallbladder. Could the distention be from a hernia? Could something else be going on there? No suggestion for x-rays or looking into why this was going on. She never asked why I was going through this. She never asked about my diet, hydration or how much exercise. Nothing. She cut me off when I was talking and didn't seem to want to be there. She may have been good with others but I thought her only answer was drinking the mir-a lax and a colonoscopy. She also wanted me to have a blood test for my thyroid. All in all she was hurried and treated me like I was interrupting her day. I will be seeking another doctor. I refuse to be rushed, treated like I am not worth her time and I don't think she really cared about what I was going through. I had more questions and concern for patients when I was a PCT then she does as a doctor. If there was less than one star I would have given that. I wouldn't trust her with any surgery in case she was having a rushed day.
Self-verified patient of Dr. Renee Flannagan - Posted on October 21st, 2017
Contrary to others' comments in the review section, I found Dr Flanagan to be thorough, explained what she was evaluating, allowed me to ask questions to which she gave answers I could understand. I wish I would have had an earlier appointment to see her and look forward to her continued care. Thank you.
very good and concerned doctor
Self-verified patient of Dr. Renee Flannagan - Posted on March 26th, 2015
Self-verified patient of Dr. Renee Flannagan - Posted on February 6th, 2015
21 Years Experience
Philadelphia College Of Osteopathic Medicine
Graduated in 1998
Dr. Renee Flannagan Accepts the Following Insurance
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Select
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA HMO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry HealthAmerica HMO
- Coventry HealthAmerica PPO
- First Health PPO
Geisinger Health Plan
- Geisinger Health Plan
- Highmark PPOBlue
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
UPMC Health Plan
- UPMC PPO
- UPMC Premium Network Plans
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsRENEE FLANNAGAN MD, 575 Coal Valley Rd Ste 105, Clairton, PA
Dr. Renee Flannagan is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Clairton, PA.