Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Renee B Melton-Smith
Dr. Renee B Melton-Smith, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Shelby, NC, with another office in Shelby, NC. She has 26 years of experience. Her specialties include Internal Medicine. Dr. Melton-Smith is affiliated with Cleveland Regional Medical Center. Dr. Melton-Smith has received 2 awards. She speaks English.
Dr. Renee B Melton-Smith has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Weight Loss
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
Showing 5 of 7
i recently visited Dr Melton Smith with a problem and after $2500.00 in out of pocket expenses a cancer doctor (which I do not have any symptoms of cancer but she sent me there) determined the blood pressure medicine Dr. Melton Smith prescribed was to blame for my problem...hmmmmm why could she have not done the research and figured that one out...Oh I have to mention also that I could not talk to Dr. Melton Smith about anything as her nurse fielded all her calls so I have not seen her since that visit when it all went to pieces.Happy and healthy in NC
NCQA Diabetes Recognition Program
NCQA developed the Diabetes Recognition Program (DRP) to provide clinicians with tools to support the delivery and recognition of consistent high quality care. This voluntary program is designed to recognize clinicians who use evidence-based measures and provide excellent care to their patients with diabetes.
Bridges to Excellence: Diabetes Care Recognition Program
Millions of Americans have some form of diabetes, and millions more cases are undiagnosed. To encourage more effective treatment and management, Bridges To Excellence® worked with diabetes experts to develop
Dr. Melton-Smith is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
26 Years Experience
University Of North Carolina At Chapel Hill School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1992
Vanderbilt University Medical Center
Dr. Renee B Melton-Smith accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
BCBS North Carolina
- BCBS NC BlueOptions
BCBS South Carolina
- BCBS South Carolina
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry Carelink - Carolinas HealthCare System Tier 1
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana National POS
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Renee B Melton-Smith in this video.
Dr. Renee B Melton-Smith is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Shelby, NC.