Binge Eating Disorder
Get the facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms, causes and related conditions.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Renee S Harris has the following 1 specialty
- Obstetrics & Gynecology
- Hot Flashes
- Child Birth
- Women's Health
- Birth Control
- Pap Smear
- Insulin Resistance
- Menstrual Pain
- Pelvic Exam
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 44
I saw Dr Harris during my very complicated pregnancy. This was one of the worst experiences of my life! While her NP was great, Dr Harris refused to accept that I was, in fact, having heart problems, even when she was contacted by Dr Kraft, my cardiologist. When Dr Kraft said I was to Absolutely NOT to have a vaginal delivery, and would require a C-section, she immediately tried to have me sign a consent to have a vaginal delivery. She was infuriated when I refused. She even went so far as to encourage natural childbirth, dispite the fact that a cardiologist had told her that I would likely have a heart attack with the 1st contraction. When after my C-section, I developed bil mastitis, she prescribed an antibiotic that I had said I was allergic to, and caused even more complications. Thanks to this, I nearly died with a 5 wk old baby at home. Her response, when my mother told her this, was that she had no way of knowing that my allergic reaction would be that severe... Yet she had been told that I had a history of extreme reactions to this particular med. In my experience, she utterly ignores what patients and other physicians tell her, to the detriment of the patient.
Patients' Choice Award (2015, 2016)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2010, 2011, 2015, 2016, 2012, 2013)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Dr. Harris is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
34 Years Experience
Louisiana State University School Of Medicine In New Orleans
Graduated in 1984
Lsu Health Sciences
Dr. Renee S Harris accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsAssociates In Womens Health Group, 500 Rue De La Vie St Ste 310, Baton Rouge, LA
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Renee S Harris in this video.
Dr. Renee S Harris is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Baton Rouge, LA.