Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Renee N Scheidell has the following 2 specialties
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Hospice & Palliative Medicine
Dr. Renee N Scheidell has the following 6 expertise
- Weight Loss
Dr. Renee N Scheidell has 2 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Renee N Scheidell is Board Certified in 2 specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 7
I have been extremely blessed with the staff at Draper Family Medical and Dr. Renee Scheidell. My, Wife, Son, Brother-in-Law, Father and I have been seen on multiple occasion over the past 4 years by all 3 Doctors including Dr. Scheidell, Dr. Carlie Hamilton and Clarissa. Its not often you spend the necessary time with your family physician and they actually listen and interact. Besides their extreme compassion for their patience, they truly are family. If you are need of a great family Doctor, please let Draper Family Aid you. In addition to the her normal practice; Dr. Schiedell also leads a team that specializes in hospice care.
I visited Firstmed Urgent Care where I saw Dr. Renee Scheidell. I have been to several Firstmed clinics before. In which visits if you have no Ins. You can pay $125.00 for your first visit to the clinic and $75 after for every other visit excluding any additional services if needed. I presented my Ins. card and was admitted after a very long wait. I had been in an excrusiating amount of pain in my back and only after putting it off for some time did I make the visit. My total time with Renee was about 10-15 minutes in which she shrugged off my pain and told me she would not give my any narcotics. (I did not ask for any). It seemed to me she thought I was faking my pain for pills. she prescribed me IBUPROFEN. The same pills I can get at the drug store over the counter. Apparantly her staff did not submit all info needed to my Ins. and my claim was denied. I got a bill for $230.00 from Firstmed! Well above the $125.00 if I had not shown Ins. in the first place! So your telling me that to wait an hour in pain to get to see a Dr. for 15 mins tops mistrusted, and a prescription for an over the counter drug cost me $230.00!!!! I would NOT recommend this Dr. to anyone! Especially someone truly in pain.
28 Years Experience
University Of Utah School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1990
University Of Utah Health Care
Dr. Renee N Scheidell accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Altius Provider Directory
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- SelectHealth Select Care
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & Directions
Dr. Renee N Scheidell is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Draper, UT.