Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Rengaswamy Asokan
Dr. Rengaswamy Asokan, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Newfoundland, NJ, with other offices in Wayne, NJ and Paterson, NJ (and 2 other locations). His specialties include Internal Medicine. Dr. Asokan is affiliated with Chilton Medical Center and Kindred Hospital-New Jersey-Wayne (Host : St Joseph's). He speaks English.
Dr. Rengaswamy Asokan has 5 locations
1500 Alps Rd Fl 1
Wayne, NJ 07470
183 Illinois Ave
Paterson, NJ 07503
Book Online Now
Dr. Rengaswamy Asokan has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.<br>These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Rengaswamy Asokan has the following 6 expertise
- Weight Loss
Showing 2 of 2
Rude staff. Over booked appointments
Self-verified patient of Dr. Rengaswamy Asokan - Posted on May 26th, 2017
Self-verified patient of Dr. Rengaswamy Asokan - Posted on April 24th, 2008
Bridges to Excellence: Physician Office Systems Recognition Program
This program is designed to recognize practices that use information systems to enhance the quality of patient care. To obtain Recognition, practices must demonstrate that they have implemented systematic office
NCQA Patient-Centered Medical Home
The patient-centered medical home is a way of organizing primary care that emphasizes care coordination and communication to transform primary care into what patients want it to be. Medical homes can lead to higher quality and lower costs, and can improve patients' and providers' experience of care.
Dr. Asokan is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
St Josephs Hospital
Dr. Rengaswamy Asokan Accepts the Following Insurance
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
HIP of NY
- Emblem HIP Select PPO
- Horizon BCBS OMNIA - TIER2
- Horizon Direct Access
- Horizon HMO
- Horizon OMNIA
- Horizon POS
- Horizon PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- QualCare HMO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & Directions
Dr. Rengaswamy Asokan is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Newfoundland, NJ.