Dr. Renu Kotwal Is this you?

2.7

Neutral

Have you seen Dr. Renu Kotwal?

Lack of medical ethics. Should not be practicing as a physician. She should be sued for malpractice.

Outstanding Therapist/Analyst

Dr. Kotwal is a brilliant healer, who draws upon a deep reservoir of knowledge developed over many years of study and practice. She understands the balance of science and art, and draws on both in her practice. I have found her to be very empathetic, insightful, and understanding. Her coaching is excellent!

Very helpful

While the wait times at Dr. Kotwal's office may not be the greatest sometimes, she has helped my husband SO much since he started seeing her. He was having severe cycling of his Bipolar Disorder and was on three different medications at once from another doctor. Dr. Kotwal got his cycling under control, got him to stop depending on alcohol and to see a substance abuse counselor, and she now has him on only ONE medication to treat the symptoms of his disorder. He is such a happier man after seeing Dr. Kotwal. She is very, very good at what she does, and boy, does she know what she is talking about! She is very good about getting back to her patients as soon as possible whenever you have an emergency. We would recommend her to everyone we know! In fact, we recommended her to the case management center he goes to and they have started sending their own patients there too!!

Previous Patient

Due to Dr. Kotwal's wait times and her billing department I will be finding another psych. She seems to know her stuff, but I feel that overall she does not listen fully since she is always behind and she is trying to catch up. There has never been an appoinment that I have gone to and waited less than 60 minutes. Don't even get me started on the billing...

do not see her

after 3 months, i am worse, not better. she seems to have no clear plan for my medicines and i feel like a lab rat. she is also very judgmental and refuses to entertain alternative diagnoses in the face of her failure to effectively treat me. do not see her.

nice lady but poor dr

dr k has spun my head like a yo-yo adding and subtracting meds. treats u like a parent or teacher. quick to judge and didnt listen to me. she told me i could stay on one med even though she said it was causing me a problem. wouldnt refill the one that was helping and then cancelled my appt that day leaving me a mess. do not go.

PhD

Dr. Kptwaldoe not listen to you, She is very confident that she knows you better than you know yourself and is in a terrible hurry to diagnose you and treat you with as many medications as she can with no attention to side effects or outcomes! She types in her progress note in your presence and makes very little effort to enagage you on a personal level. She has a school teacher's attitude to your problems and is very judgemental. She als suffers from a "God" complex. I would stay as far away from her if you want a compassionate, patient, and supportive doctor.

the most knowledgble and caring psychiatrist i have come across

most caring psychiatrist

biased

I honestly don't think she knows how to listen! i went in for an anxiety problem only to be told every week i am bipolar and overweight! Two of the meds she placed me on put me in the hospital because they made my heart problem worse! i wouldn't recommend her if my life depended on it!