Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Reshma P Shah
Dr. Reshma P Shah, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Marietta, GA, with other offices in Marietta, GA and Suwanee, GA (and 1 other location). Her specialties include Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism and Internal Medicine. Dr. Shah is affiliated with WellStar Kennestone Regional Medical Center. She speaks English.
Dr. Reshma P Shah has the following 2 specialties
- Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Reshma P Shah has the following 12 expertise
- Diabetes Mellitus, Type 1
- Diabetes (Types I & II)
- Addison Disease
- Cushing Disease
- Gland Issues
Showing 5 of 11
I had symptoms of low cortisol and i had been to the er because the symptoms were so severe. I went to see doctor shah and she explained my condition and rushed a blood test for the next day. She was friendly, spent lots of time talking to me and she seemed very dedicated to my health. Just this Saturday i had a problem and called the office, she called back immediately and called in a prescription. She has gone above and beyond to help me on the road to recovery. I could not have asked for a better doctor.
Dr. Shah is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
- University Of Miami Leonard M Miller School Of Medicine
Dr. Reshma P Shah accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Anthem Blue Open Access POS Alternate Network
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS GA Blue Choice HMO
- BCBS GA Blue Choice PPO
- BCBS GA Blue Open Access POS
- BCBS GA BlueChoice Option POS
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry CoventryOne - GA
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana National POS
- Humana Preferred PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Reshma P Shah in this video.
Dr. Reshma P Shah is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Marietta, GA.