Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Reuben M Farris Jr
Dr. Reuben M Farris Jr, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Chula Vista, CA. He has 39 years of experience. His specialties include Family Medicine. Dr. Farris is affiliated with Scripps Mercy Hospital and Scripps Memorial Hospital-La Jolla. Dr. Farris has received 3 awards. He speaks English.
Dr. Reuben M Farris Jr has the following 1 specialty
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
- Weight Loss
- Family Planning
Showing 5 of 25
Dr. Farris is an extraordinary doctor who actually listens to you. He must be pretty good. I've been seeing him for well over 20 years now. Unlike other doctors I have seen, most don't really listen. Once you get past the first half sentence they are to busy punching it into the computer or their i-pad. They are no longer fully listening to you or watching your body language. Are your words contradicting what you are saying? Are you down playing what is actually wrong. Only by LISTENING and WATCHING YOU can a doctor correctly attempt, with your help, figure out exactly what your health problem is. Dr. Farris patiently listens until you are finished. He then asks questions based on what you have said. By watching your body language he is able to determine if perhaps you are downplaying your physical problems. Or are not telling him everything. A good doctor, like Dr. Farris, both listens and watches. He then helps you work out a plan to get you back to health. I highly recommend him to anyone and everyone.
Doctor Farris's office is the greatest, the staff is so friendly, patient and work so effeiciently with you and your condition. I met dr farris when he was an intern and have followed him since and all my daughters also have him as his physician. He also got a women Dr Calderon in his office and she is just as adorable and knowlegable, I have recommended all my friends and family members to his office. He is the best! Keep up the good work! When he enters your room he is very patient and attentive to your usually sick needs and he smiles with patience.
Patients' Choice Award (2011, 2009, 2010, 2015, 2014, 2016)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
On-Time Doctor Award (2014, 2016, 2015)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2011, 2016, 2014, 2015)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Dr. Farris is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
39 Years Experience
University Of Mississippi School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1979
United States Naval Medical Center
Dr. Reuben M Farris Jr accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Basic HMO
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna HMO Deductible Plan CA only
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Savings Plus of CA
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Aetna Vitalidad Plus CA con Aetna
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Blue Cross California
- BC CA California Care Small Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Small Group
- Blue Cross CA Advantage PPO Preferred DirectAccess Plus
- Blue Cross CA California Care Large Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Individual
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Large Group
- Blue Cross CA Select HMO
- Blue Cross CA Select PPO
- Blue Cross CA Select Plus HMO
Blue Shield California
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus Savenet
- Blue Shield CA Bronze Full PPO 4500
- Blue Shield CA Local Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA PPO
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Local Access + HMO 25
- Blue Shield CA Trio ACO HMO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Cigna Southern CA Select
- Health Net CA HMO Employer Group
- Health Net CA HMO Whole Care Network
- Health Net CA Individual and Family PPO
- Health Net CA PPO
- Health Net EPO - PureCare One Small Business
- Health Net PureCare HSP Individual and Family Plans
- Humana Choice POS
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- PHCS PPO Kaiser
Sharp Health Plan
- Sharp Health Blue Choice
- UHC SignatureValue Flex1
- UHC SignatureValue Flex2
- UHC SignatureValue Flex3
- UHC West SignatureValue Alliance
- UHC West SignatureValue HMO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsSouthern California Health Providers, 340 4th Ave Ste 2, Chula Vista, CA
Dr. Reuben M Farris Jr is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Chula Vista, CA.