Dr. Reuel Gaskins Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Reuel Gaskins?

CAUTION: THE BAD REVIEWS= TRUE!

Posted on June 20th, 2017

All the poor ratings posted I feel are TRUE! They need to get a Front Office person who cares. Yes, she is rude and the doctor backs HER up and then he is rude. Poor care. I'm changing doctors. I'm worried that if something was really wrong with me, they wouldn't care. VERY RUDE and HOSTILE! Consider someone else.

Posted on August 1st, 2016

I moved to Camarillo after I retired two years ago but I still drive to Riverside to see Dr Gaskins. He treats patients like they are real human beings--not just bodies to move through an impersonal system .

Horrible experience. Never saw the Dr.

Posted on January 7th, 2016

I made an appointment for a well exam/flu shot/possible referral. I called in and got an appointment for two-three weeks later. When I arrived I was shocked at the state of this "clinic". It was extremely rundown, even for being on the poorer side of town. I checked in early (~10 minutes) and was given some paperwork to fill out. I did and gave it back to the receptionist. And I waited for a long time. During my wait I thought it was odd that she hadn't copied my insurance card yet. In my experience, you give them the card, you fill out the paperwork, give it back to them and they give you your card. Not so here. I had to ask for my card 30 minutes after my check in time. They hadn't even copied it by then! I could understand if the place was busy, but there were 3-5 other patients there. After waiting some more, I was asked to come up for payment. I also thought this was odd because usually that's done about when you check in. I went up to the counter and there she was pulling out a square card reader. Another red flag to me. She was saying that my copay was $20. I thought this odd since I was there for a preventive check up, but thought maybe it had to do with the referral. She then proceeded to tell me that I had not met my deductible yet and the visit would be $80. I have NEVER heard of this. That was the final straw for me. I said that was not happening, and asked for the paperwork I had filled out earlier. I took that and I left. I strongly advise you to stay away from this clinic as they are extremely unhelpful, and seem to be trying to scam people out of money.

Great Dr.

Posted on November 30th, 2015

Knowledgeable DR. Recommend highly!

Bad doctor.

Posted on October 13th, 2015

Dr. Gaskin Is a quack doctor.

Dangerour Doctor

Posted on March 4th, 2015

I was assigned to Dr. Gaskins by Molina HealthCare. I am a diabetic and am on disability due to this. Upon my first visit I informed the intake person and then the doctor that I was a diabetic. At no time did they bother to check my blood sugar levels nor ask me how they had been. I informed the doctor that I needed testing supplies and he assured me he would call in an order. Upon arriving at the pharmacy to pick up my medications I was informed that no order had been placed for supplies. I immediately called the doctor’s office and spoke to a staff member. She assured me that she would speak to the doctor and it would be taken care of. This did not happen. The doctor did order some blood tests and had me schedule a follow up appointment to review the results. When I returned to his office for this return visit, the doctor stated, “I have no idea why they scheduled this appointment for you.” As he was stating this, he was reading my chart. I reminded him that he had sent me for blood work. At this point he stated that my cholesterol was a little high and he was going to prescribe medication. At no time was there any mention of A1C levels and even if he had asked for that test. Also, despite reminding the them again that I was a diabetic my blood sugars were not checked during this visit. I once again asked for testing supplies and was assured they would be ordered. Once again, they were not. I eventually had to contact member services and have the issue sent to their escalations team. I was on hold along with the escalations team member for over an hour trying to get through to the doctor’s office. At this time, we terminated our efforts to get through and she said she would follow up. While it took her a day or two to get through, she was finally able to do so and after two months I was able to get my supplies. I believe that this constituted medically negligent behavior on part of the doctor and constituted a danger to my health. I advise everyone reading this to avoid this doctor at all costs. Your health may be at risk.

Careless

Posted on March 3rd, 2015

I would give this place zero stars if I could. One particular woman in the front desk is careless with my grandmother who is in her 70's. She should not be working here if she does wish to help those in need. They do not send prescriptions to the pharmacy when they say they do and they do not send the authorization to get other tests done. I do not recommend this place.

poor poor poor

Posted on February 12th, 2015

If I could put zero stars I would due to the lack of care and effort.

UNPROFESSIONAL & INEPT

Posted on October 22nd, 2014

The Iowa office is the most inefficient doctors office I have ever been to. The Staff (if you can call it that) is absolutely inept. I am surprised the female who runs the front office is even employed. I can never get an appointment. They rarely answer their phones and though I have left countless messages for them on different occasions they have never once returned a phone call. I've been left on hold for 30+ minutes and then hung up on numerous times. When I've brought up these issues they are unapologetic. The Doctor does not listen well at all. I have told him of issues with a new medication and he says,"uh huh," then prescribes me the very same medication. I have finally switched doctors. The doctors office is currently withholding a form I need to return to work (despite the fact that I paid for the form) and I may lose my job due to their complete lack of professionalism. You're better off going to a back alley doctor.

Very poor follow up/Wheres my lab results and more. Like clean that restroom.

Posted on September 17th, 2014

This staff does not get it. Doctor will hurry. Does not listen well.

Doctor is GREAT! Staff not so much!!

Posted on June 29th, 2013

We were only able to see Dr. Gaskins a few times in his Rancho office but he is a very caring man and listens and understands. As for his staff that is a whole other story! Either they are over worked and stressed or have done this job too long that they have no heart and really don't care. You are just a number to them. His nurse is also great & caring. It's his office staff that drags on everything - very sad. I pretty sure if he knew some of the things he'd feel bad for his patients.

Posted on February 1st, 2013

A hole on the wall creepy Dr and staff ..takes to long to be seen cut you all off because they take too many patients in and not enough time spent with Dr.RIDICULOUS o would advice not to go here .....Dr doesn't take time to revise you he should be audit for neglect towards patients needs