Revere Kinkel Is this you?

3.8

Have you seen Revere Kinkel?

Good neuro

Posted on July 11th, 2017

I have been followed by Dr. Kinkel since my former neuro (whom I adored) moved his practice. My impressions of Dr. Kinkel have all been favorable-- in person, he is affable and even funny; online, he and his staff have been very responsive when I have reached out for information about MS symptoms, or with questions regarding potential drug interactions. I consider it my good fortune to have now had two outstanding neuros. As any MSer can attest: a good neuro makes a world of difference. I was saddened to leave the care of my former neuro, but I am very satisfied to have Dr. Kinkel step in as part of my care team.

Jst do not see him

Posted on June 2nd, 2017

He mocked me on my medical reports. He thought all was in my head, but he did not clear me.Asked for appointments so that he can mock me again and collect the fees. Also he showed fake care in person When I got diagnosed, he still kept denying my diagnosis (because his ego would not allow him to admit that he was wrong). I ended up having my surgery three years too late because of his false reports. UCSD neurosurgeons disagreed with his opinion. I had to go to Mayo Clinic to verify the diagnosis. Off course I caught him trying to flirt with young lady doctors and nurses almost every time. He may be a great medical student.He may know a lot. He is narcissistic in his core and that is disabling him and he enjoys making fun of patients.

Posted on August 20th, 2016

I think he is a good Doctor. He spends as much as time he can with you explaining about your situation and all options you have. I moved from Maryland and was wondering if I could have a good doctor here in San Diego. Now I can say yes I am very happy that he is my doctor

Posted on August 11th, 2016

Worse Doctor ever. He doesn't even remember his words

He doesn't care about you, he cares about his research

Posted on July 28th, 2016

I have ms and I'm not on any medication for 3 months just because of him. All neurologist know that MS patients should not be out of medication but he just sending me back and forth to have me take the medication that he is doing his research on. Believe me if he gives you a medication first do your research and then accept it. He doesn't care about you. He cares about his research

Disappointed

Posted on March 13th, 2016

My last appointment was the worst off all the appointments with him. He was texting his wife during the appointment, and had me drive an hour distance and miss work to talk me what he could have simply told me over the phone. He also began the appointment with sarcastic remarks saying "You have a lot wrong with you. There's a lot of stuff going on in your body", which seemed like an attempt to make me feel like a hypochondriac. Considering the results he gave me didn't seem serious at all. He handled my spinal tap well, and was thorough with showing/explains to me the many lesions that we're apparent in my brain MRI, but that was about it. He simply said I don't have MS, and my neuropathy may be caused by migraines (which I hardly ever get). He told me before that it isn't normal for someone to get my symptoms in between migraines, or when you don't get them often. He also said that there are a few diseases that may be the cause to the lesions. But all he did was say "no MS, no Syphilis, and you have neuropathy. See me in 6 months and keep track of your headaches". Oh, and when I asked him if there is anything I could do to improve the neuropathy, he simply told me to "learn to live with it". When according to google, I should be referred to a physical therapist. You don't have to be a genius to realize he was just being apathetic and lazy. Which he also showed while slouching in his seat during the appointment. There are many more cause to neurological disorders than just MS and migraines. Maybe MS and migraines is his thing, but it doesn't mean he should throw in the towel if there are other cause to my symptoms. UCSD has a such good rep, so I was excited to go there and finally get answers. But after my experience with this neurologist, needless to say, I definitely won't be going back to see him.

One of the best.

Posted on October 15th, 2015

Highly intelligent, yet friendly and easy to work with. He obviously has mastered his field and generates confidence. Fully explains his diagnosis with solid recommendations. Wish there were more like him out there.

Posted on August 22nd, 2012

I like Dr Kinkel very much because he spent a lot of time with me and explained things to me in a way that I could understand. He has a very nice way about him and I like his personality very much. I am a newly diagnosed MS patient and felt very comfortable and confident that I was receiving the best care available. I'm very happy that I was referred to him.

Poor

Posted on February 13th, 2012

Dr.Kinkle made no effort to review my chart prior to each of my appointments.each time i met with his, it was like the first time! He took personal cellphone calls while examining me.Very,very poor bedside manner.Can not beleive Beth Israel would have someone like Dr.Kinkle on staff

Posted on January 18th, 2012

I have been to quite a few neurologists leading up to my appointmnet with Dr. Kinkel. I was tired of gloom and doom. I found his sense of humor refreshing. Dealing wtih the disabling effects of PPMS is no laughing matter, but I left his office happy.

Best M.S. doctor I have seen

Posted on February 25th, 2011

Dr. Kinkel is a leading researcher in the field of M.S.He is an exceptionally good listener, spends as much time as necessary with patients, and seems able to tailor treatments to each patient. Unlike most doctors, he doesn't just go down a check list and tell you that nothing is new.

Posted on November 5th, 2010

I have had him as my doctor for 5 years. I flip between thinking he is really bright and worth my time and believing that he is just cocky, irresponsible and full of smoke and mirrors. He is not good with sensitive patients- at all. He is dismissive of concerns and not good with bedside manner. I haven't changed doctors because a doctor who I adore thinks highly of him as a clinician and I trust her opinion. I rarely complain of symptoms, but when I do, he does not seem to take them seriously (even if they will have a long-term crippling effect- he will shrug and say "Yup, that's because you have MS" like I'm an idiot.) I can not tell if he does this in order to make me not worry or if he does it because he really doesn't care about my concerns. He seems to be moody (sometimes your best friend-excited to see you, sometimes treats you like a nuisance for your yearly appointment) and a tough one to read- not for the faint of heart.