Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Rex Alvord Jr has the following 2 specialties
- General Practice
A general practitioner is similar to a family practitioner in that they treat patients of all ages with a variety of health concerns. These doctors treat everyday ailments, some acute and chronic diseases, and also provid health checkups, physicals, inoculations and preventative care.
General practitioners differ from family practitioners because they are not required to complete an additional residency in family medicine after completing their medical school residency. Like family practitioners, general practitioners will also provide referrals to patients who are in need of a specialist.
- Preventive Medicine
A preventive medicine/wellness specialist is a physician who, through additional training, has become an expert in methods for maintaining good health and preventing disease. These specialists are the doctors people see when they are generally well or without a specific ailment and want to either learn how to maintain their current health or acquire better health.
These doctors will advise patients on specific diets, exercise regimens, and lifestyle habits that are suited to their particular needs. Preventive medicine/wellness specialists take into account a patient's nutrition deficiencies, physical and cardiovascular capabilities, and habits in order to advise specific vitamins and supplements to take, how much physical activity to undertake, and which habits should be broken and replaced with more positive behavior.
Showing 5 of 11
well, I'm very pleased with dr.alord. I had another suboxone doctor about 10 months ago and he retired. I called every suboxone I found and they all wanted me to pay between 500 and 1000 bucks for an initial evaluation. but I already had one. withmy retired doc which I payed 400 bucks for. anyway dr. alvord was the only one that didn't charge me for it. I only pay $100 a month which is much cheaper than anyone else. he's a great guy and I would never choose anyone else. thank you so much dr. alvord.
28 Years Experience
Uniformed Services University
Graduated in 1985
Dr. Rex Alvord Jr accepts the following insurance providers.
- View by Location
Locations & Directions2201 S 19th St, Tacoma, WA
Dr. Rex Alvord Jr is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Tacoma, WA.