Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Rex A Butler has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Weight Loss
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
Showing 5 of 10
Read these two reviews. He does have a nice team. His diagnoses are rarely write, but he certainly does follow-ups. Curse, much as possible...got a castle to pay for. As far as dangerous, ha ha. I've had three elder members of family die on his watch. Had hospice not come in...nevermind. He certainly is no dangerous drug dealer. Please, people rely on accurate reviews here. The most dangerous thing about this man would be his weight. He speaks very kindly, but from someone who had seen his terminal palliative care for loved ones. He is pathetic with pain management and anxiety for that matter. I'm honestly not sure what his highest skill set is. Then, again, many senior citizens think he's the prodigal. Maybe he is...I'd go elsewhere.
Dr. Butler is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
39 Years Experience
University Of Alabama School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1979
Sacred Heart Health System
Dr. Rex A Butler accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- BCBS AL PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsCentral Medical Center, 843 S Three Notch St, Andalusia, AL
Dr. Rex A Butler is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Andalusia, AL.