Dr. Rex Cooley Jr Is this you?

3.9

Have you seen Dr. Rex Cooley Jr?

Always Runs extremely behind

Posted on August 26th, 2017

Wait time for this physician is 1 to 2 hours past my appointment time. Even with an early 9 am appointment I did not see him until 10am. Rushed in and out of the room so fast that I did not have time to ask all my questions, I was still trying to ask a questions as he was opening the door to leave. Responses I was able to get were short and incomplete (no explanations). Not impressed and will not be going back.

Long Wait Times

Posted on July 24th, 2017

I have seen Dr Cooley two times and each time I waiting over 1 hour (one appoint was very early in the am). He always seemed very rushed and gave me no time to ask questions - getting up and heading for door before I was done. He may be very good at what he does but I do not feel he was making any attempt to hear my concerns or questions

Posted on July 20th, 2017

Excellent knee procedure, more than 10 years ago. ORTHOSCOPIC SURGERY. .Other physicians reommended knee re;pacmenet.. Dr Cooley evaluated me, my condition, my knee, of course, and studies. and strongly recommended the more conservattive approach. Thank heavens.. Jean Stern Jean Stern

Disappointed

Posted on June 1st, 2016

I have seen Dr. Cooley for many yrs but this was the worst visit ever. Waited for over 2 hrs to be seen didn't spend any time talking or listening to what I had to say & didn't even address the main reason I was there.

Compassionate, very communicative and extremely detailed surgeon

Posted on May 30th, 2016

In 2013, Dr. Cooley replaced my dad's knee despite a complex history on breaks in that leg 50 years prior - no issue for Dr. Cooley. He took every precaution. He educated me and my dad about the intricacy of the procedure, the after care and what to watch for. Dr. Cooley examined dad's prior clot history, did a 4 day hospitalization with nerve block, then walking and movement as often as tolerable. He conducted patient rounds every morning before going to surgery or his office. He is very concerned about patient comfort and adamant about having a clean environment for healing. As an experiment, he sent my dad home with inflating compression wraps for his legs (designed for home use) to keep circulation going at night in bed. Dr. Cooley said my dad was the first patient to receive this new treatment and Dr. Cooley arranged it all through Hanger Prosthetics (who came to the house to set us up and explain everything). Dr. Cooley even called my dad a week after surgery to personally check in - before he had to go back for the post-op visit. He referred a great physical therapist who provided excellent care at home. Dr. Cooley conducted two post op visits out of abundance of precaution. My dad couldn't be more grateful for the level of care he received from Dr. Cooley. He is extremely detailed and thorough as a doctor and listens to his patients, giving every option available. He is considerate of your needs as a patient and genuinely expresses compassion. (He now gives me cortisone shots for my knee.) His office is immaculately clean, his staff is very kind and reachable, and has a good overall positive environment for healing. He only does knees and hips now, and is the best you can get in Tucson if you ask our family. ( Only recommendation is to get taller chairs for the waiting room for older folks.)

Posted on December 14th, 2015

A very kind, caring, knowledgeable, competent and sympathetic physician.

Great Doc.

Posted on April 5th, 2015

I had 2 surgeries on different body parts from Dr. Cooley. He is EXCELLENT with all he does. From office visits to post surgery care. He even returned my phone call and answered questions about a problem 3 years after surgery. His is great.

Total knee surgery

Posted on March 5th, 2014

Dr. Cooley is an excellent surgeon. I had my rightand left knee done in 2006 and have had no problems. He was a wonderful doctor with a great bedside manner.

Horrible follow up

Posted on November 30th, 2012

Was waiting on insurance to approve an MRI, his staff said they would call me as soon as it was approved. I find out from my insurance provider that the MRI was approved 2 weeks ago and I have not received a call from his office. I have placed 2 calls in to them to find out what I need to do, they haven taken messages and said they would call me right back... I have not heard from them again. How can someone stay in practice with a staff like this?

left hand useless after surgery!!!!

Posted on September 4th, 2012

Posted on September 21st, 2010

He knows what he's doing and does it well...wish he could be my general doctor...not just my surgeon.

What a Hack.!!!!!

Posted on June 29th, 2010

Poor surgery caused some nerve damage. Failure to properly install plates and screws caused some loss of use in that arm. Use at your own risk.