Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Rex C Haydon has the following 1 specialty
- Orthopaedic Surgery
- Joint Replacement
- Knee Osteoarthritis
- Osteoarthritis (Hand and Wrist)
- Malignant Bone Tumors/Cancer (Osteosarcoma)
- Joint Pain/Swelling
- Herniated Disc
- Bone Fracture
- Knee Surgery
- Sports Medicine
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
- Bone Cancer
Showing 5 of 16
Dr. Haydon performed my son's fourth surgery on his tibia resulting from the removal of a tumor. This was a very complex surgery but it came out very smoothly. I was expecting a very painful post surgery hospital stay but I was thankfully mistaken. His bedside manor and office consults are relaxed and informing in a way we can understand. I have great confidence in his ability. There have been times it has been frustrating to get a response from his office and some scans could be better scheduled so the results would be in at the time of our appointment.
In 2011, a local orthopedist called us at nine p.m. to tell us that our beautiful 12-year-old daughter had one of two types of bone cancer-each with terrifying prognosis. "I'm sorry. . .I know you're scared. I'm so sorry. . . I know a doctor at the University of Chicago--my nurse is already working on the referral--I called her at home." Our local orthopedist sounded like he was just as afraid as we were. As our family escorted our confused little girl into Dr. Haydon's office, I felt as though we were walking a plank; would he tell us how long she had today? Would he understand that she didn't understand? Dr. Haydon warmly greeted each of the 7 family members that had come to support us before gently explaining that, although he couldn't be certain, he didn't believe that our child had cancer. "I won't know for sure until the biopsy, but I believe this is a cyst. . . I don't think she has cancer." He explained that although the MRI images were similar to those found in cancer patients, there were two (tiny) indicators that this was a cyst--and Dr. Haydon zeroed in on those immediately. Dr. Haydon's quiet confidence and world-class knowledge allowed our family hope in our most difficult hour. As it turns out, our girl did have a rare (1 in a million) benign bone cyst. Dr. Haydon performed the grueling 6-hour surgery within two weeks of her biopsy. He was honest-explaining that 50% of patients with this cyst do require subsequent surgeries, but that he and his staff had done their best to ensure that she would not have to repeat this excursion. We have been seeing Dr. Haydon for follow-up care for the past 3 years. Her cyst has not returned, so we only see him every 6 months now, but he still remembers that she is a cheerleader, who her friends are, and that she is an honors student---and he takes the time to ask about these things. Dr. Haydon is truly the greatest medical mind I have had the pleasure of knowing. He makes sure that the patients and their families are comfortable, knowledgeable, and in control of their health. Dr. Haydon is a wonderful doctor, and an amazing human being.
Regional Top Doctors
Castle Connolly is America's trusted source for the identification of Top Doctors. Their physician-led research team reviews and screens the credentials of tens of thousands of physicians who are nominated by their peers annually, via a nationwide online process, before selecting those physicians who are regionally or nationally among the very best in their medical specialties. Castle Connolly believes strongly that Top Doctors Make a Difference™.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2014)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
22 Years Experience
University Of Chicago Division Of The Biological Sciences The Pritzker School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1996
University Of Chicago Medicine
Dr. Rex C Haydon accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Anthem Blue Access PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry Health and Life IL PPO
- Coventry HealthAmerica PPO
- Coventry IL PPO
- Coventry MO HMO POS
- Coventry MO PPO
- CoventryOne PPO Network
- First Health PPO
- HealthLink PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- PriorityHealth Priority PPO
SIHO Insurance Services
- SIHO Network
- Sagamore Plus
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsUniversity Of Chicago Medicine, 5841 S Maryland Ave, Chicago, IL
Dr. Rex C Haydon is similar to the following 0 Doctors near Chicago, IL.