Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Arrhythmia Facts about arrythmia, inclding the types, symptoms and causes.
- Atrial Fibrillation Facts about atrial fibrillation, including symptoms and risk factors.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Coronary Artery Angioplasty with Stent Coronary artery angioplasty with stent facts, including who needs it.
- Coronary Heart Disease Get the facts about coronary heart disease.
- Deep Vein Thrombosis Facts about deep vein thrombosis (DVT), including symptoms & causes.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Rex A Outtrim MD
Dr. Rex A Outtrim has 3 locations
5169 S Cottonwood St Ste 420
Salt Lake City, UT 84107
3723 W 12600 S
Riverton, UT 84065
3741 W 12600 S Ste 160A
Riverton, UT 84065
Dr. Rex A Outtrim has the following 2 specialties
- Cardiovascular Disease
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Rex A Outtrim has the following 22 expertise
- Blood Clot
- Heart Attack
- Acute Coronary Syndrome (ACS)
- High Cholesterol
- Stress Testing
- Heart Block
- Coronary Artery Disease (CAD)
- Mitral Valve Prolapse
- Chest Pain (Angina)
- Heart Failure
- Pulmonary Hypertension
- Cholesterol Management
- Unstable Angina
- Heart Diseases
- Pacemaker Implantation
Showing 1 of 1
Self-verified patient of Dr. Rex A Outtrim - Posted on December 20th, 2013
I was very impressed with Doctor Outtrim's knowledge and demeanor. He looked at my tests before coming to his clusioin. I felt confindence in his diagnosis. He spent the time needed to answer questions I had. I never felt rushed. He even explained why certain malfunctions do or do not happen, few Doctors take the time to do this. I think it relieved a lot of my concerns. In my younger days, I was a nurse and went on to become an xray tech. I felt comfortable with him. I would recommend Dr. Outtrim. His staff were great. I felt calm even though it was my first visit. I will be following up, with another visit in the future.
Patients' Choice Award (2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2011, 2012, 2013, 2014)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Patients' Choice 5th Anniversary Award (2012)
The Patients' Choice Award - 5 Year Honoree is a recognition granted only to those doctors whose ratings have reflected excellence in care for five years in a row. Only 1% of all doctors in the United States are bestowed this honor by their patients.
On-Time Doctor Award (2014)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
27 Years Experience
The University Of Texas School Of Medicine At San Antonio
Graduated in 1992
University Of Texas Health Science
Dr. Rex A Outtrim Accepts the Following Insurance
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- SelectHealth Select Care
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
More about Dr. Rex A Outtrim
United States Navy - Honorable Discharge Marathons & Triathlons: New York City, Salt Lake City, St. George, San Francisco, Texas A&M, Moab and Los Angeles
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Rex A Outtrim, MD - Cardiovascular Disease in Salt Lake City, UT, in this video.
Dr. Rex A Outtrim is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Salt Lake City, UT.