Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Rex Rawls
Dr. Rex Rawls, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Mobile, AL, with another office in Mobile, AL. He has 21 years of experience. His specialties include Internal Medicine. Dr. Rawls is affiliated with Providence Hospital, Springhill Memorial Hospital and J.L. Bedsole Rotary Rehabilitation Hospital. He speaks English.
Dr. Rex Rawls has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Showing 5 of 12
I have used him for several years now, and have been very happy with him. He is very capable to treat my problems when he can, and willing to recommend another doctor if he sees more specialized treatment is needed. The wait time is short compared to other doctors I have used in the past. Highly recommend Dr. Rawls.
Dr. Rawls is awesome. But having problems with nursing staff to get my medicience preauthorized. It has been close to a month trying to get my presecription. Pharmany and mail order both say that his office will not return their phone calls. I hate I will have to find another doctor in order to get my very important meds.
The only problem I have with this doctor is that he has to share his nurse with someone else so she is a bit frazzled. Also, some of the other staff members there are less than adequate - a bit too young for their jobs. But Dr. Rawls is great. He is difficult to get to know at first - he is quiet the first visit, but he warms up after the second visit. I have numerous medical problems and several of my specialists strongly recommended him for my internist - they were right to do so. He quickly accessed that I was having trouble with my potassium, that one of the meds that my other doctor was giving me was contributing to the problem, and he got on the phone with that doctor and discussed changing the med. The wait time there is nonexistent because he hasn't many patients yet - later, when people find out about him it will be longer, I'm sure, but right now you can get an appt quickly and get in and out very fast.
Dr. Rawls is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Springhill Memorial Hospital
J.L. Bedsole Rotary Rehabilitation Hospital
Providence Hospital Northeast
Springhill Hospitals, Inc
21 Years Experience
University of Mississippi
Graduated in 1992
Locations & Directions
Dr. Rex Rawls is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Mobile, AL.