More than 22 million Americans of all ages have asthma. Prepare to talk to your doctor about symptoms, diagnosis and treatment options.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans suffer from asthma. Get the facts.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Childhood Asthma Childhood asthma facts, including causes, symptoms & complications.
- Grass Pollen Allergy Get the facts about grass pollen Allergy.
- Home Allergies Facts about indoor allergies, including symptoms & common allergens.
- Persistent Asthma Facts about persistent asthma, including the criteria for diagnosis.
- Pregnancy Facts about pregnancy, including symptoms you can expect to have.
- Ragweed Allergy Ragweed allergy facts: symptoms, how to avoid it, trigger foods.
- Seasonal Allergies Facts about seasonal allergies, the different types and the symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Book Online Now
Dr. Reynaldo P Velasco has the following 1 specialty
A pediatrician is a doctor who specializes in the regular care of children, as well as the diagnosis and treatment of illness in children. Young patients are often more complicated to treat because they are still growing and developing.
While pediatricians may sub-specialize in specific therapy areas like oncology, surgery, ophthalmology, and anesthesiology, in general, pediatricians provide services like vaccinations, health exams, and treatment of common ailments and injuries. In addition, pediatricians are trained to handle the complex emotional and behavioral issues faced by children, especially during puberty.
Pediatricians normally see their patients from birth until the age of 18, although some may agree to treat patients into their early 20s, if requested.
Dr. Reynaldo P Velasco has the following 70 expertise
- Eating Disorders
- Hives (Urticaria)
- Intestinal Diseases
- Pediatric Diabetes
- Pink eye (Conjunctivitis)
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
- Peptic Ulcer
- Nutritional Support
- Urinary Retention
- Lyme Disease
- Stomach Diseases
- Urinary Tract Infections (UTI)
- Adolescent Medicine
- Cerebral Palsy
- Ulcerative Colitis
- Pancreas inflammation (Pancreatitis)
- Skin Rash (Acrodermatitis)
- Myasthenia Gravis
- Fainting (Syncope)
- Inflammatory Bowel Diseases (IBD)
- Bunions (Hallux Valgus)
- Trigger Finger Disorder
- Weight Loss
- Sinus Infection (Sinusitis)
- Primary Headache Disorders
- Smoking Cessation
- Alternative Medicine
- Acid Reflux Disease (Gastroesophageal Reflux / GERD)
- Anxiety Disorders
- Sprains and Strains
- Lipid Disorders
Dr. Reynaldo P Velasco has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 1 of 1
Dr. Velasco is very caring. He is an excellent doctor who takes his time doing a thorough examination on our daughter every time she goes in. He also noticed she was teething at 6 weeks rather than blowing us off by saying "there's no such thing as a child teething at 6 weeks" and gave us various options to remedy her discomfort. He also gave us a prescription to use for our daughter's colic. Dr. Velasco takes his time with us, answers our questions and even referred our daughter to a Pediatric Ophthalmologist as soon as he found out I had Glaucoma at an early age, so we could rule out her having Glaucoma. He is very conscientious and very personable. Dr. Velasco makes you feel welcome every single time, and his smile is contagious. It is also very obvious, from the get go, that he loves infants and children. We are very happy with him and feel blessed he is our daughter's Pediatrician.
Bridges to Excellence: Physician Office Systems Recognition Program
This program is designed to recognize practices that use information systems to enhance the quality of patient care. To obtain Recognition, practices must demonstrate that they have implemented systematic office
NCQA Patient-Centered Medical Home
The patient-centered medical home is a way of organizing primary care that emphasizes care coordination and communication to transform primary care into what patients want it to be. Medical homes can lead to higher quality and lower costs, and can improve patients' and providers' experience of care.
Thomas Jefferson University Hospital
Dr. Reynaldo P Velasco accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Select
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry HealthAmerica PPO
- First Health PPO
- Horizon BCBS OMNIA - TIER1
- Horizon Direct Access
- Horizon HMO
- Horizon OMNIA
- Horizon POS
- Horizon PPO
- QualCare HMO
- QualCare PPO
Locations & DirectionsAdvocare South Jersey Pediatrics, 204 White Horse Pike, Oaklyn, NJ
Dr. Reynaldo P Velasco is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Oaklyn, NJ.