Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- ADHD Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Chronic Pain Facts about chronic pain, including body parts most commonly affected.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Diabetic Neuropathy Facts about diabetic neuropathy, including the symptoms and doctors.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. A R Ehyai
Dr. A R Ehyai, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Sacramento, CA, with another office in Roseville, CA. He has 47 years of experience. His specialties include Psychiatry and Neurology. Dr. Ehyai is affiliated with Mercy General Hospital and Methodist Hospital of Sacramento. He speaks English.
Dr. A R Ehyai has the following 2 specialties
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
A neurologist is a physician who diagnoses and treats disorders of the nervous system which is comprised of the brain, spinal cord and nerves. These doctors do not perform surgery, but refer patients to neurological surgeons when they determine that surgical intervention is necessary.
Some of the conditions that neurologists diagnose and treat are epilepsy, aneurysms, hydrocephalus, Parkinson's disease, multiple sclerosis, stroke, spinal disc herniation, and spinal disease.
In addition to using diagnostic tests like MRI, CT scans, EEG and EMG, neurologists also employ neurological testing to gauge muscle strength and movement, balance, reflexes, sensation, memory, speech, and other cognitive abilities.
- Alzheimer's Disease
- Nerve Conduction Studies
- Migraine Disorder
- Multiple Sclerosis (MS)
- Migraine Disorders
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 21
I was referred to this doctor for Migraines, numbness, tingling and burning sensations in my arms and legs. This doctor did such a quick exam on me like he was in a hurry to get it over with. He said I can take a pill for Migraines, I said I already do but I thought I was seeing you to get to the bottom of all of my symptoms. He said no only Migraines and refused to help me any further. I said I thought you would do a Nerve test on me and he said no , your primary doctor can assist you with that. I left that office crying and feeling hopeless because as it was I had to wait 2 months just to see him.
He did not have a pre-apt questionnaire, which even a GP makes you fill out. Insteas he asks 3 questions & asks for your meds, and thinks he can use a pre-set form in his head to figure things out. He spent 10 minutes with me. The apt got off on the wrong foot, when he asked me what meds I had previously been on and I told him I had it was attached. He said it wasn't. I apologized and said I thought that it was. I was right. It was downhill from there. He then asked me why, despite having a diagnosis from a world-renowned neurologist why I thought I had a particular diagnosis. So I explained my primary symptoms (headaches). He then ignored, didn't even ask about, any and *all* of my other symptoms, expect my hands, which he declared to be carpal tunnel without a test, even though I have parasthesia in all 5 fingers (does not normally occur in CTS). He spent 10 min with me. Did not ask me if I had questions. Did the 1 thing to my meds that I told him I did *not* want done (for multiple reasons). It was horrible. He did not help me at all. I will be going elsewhere.
Dr. Eyhai is the second neurologist I've seen for my MS. He is kind, compassionate and has gives great attention to detail. I went to this doctor a complete mess looking for a second opinion. He confirmed my diagnosis, explained to me what was happening to my body and changed my medications to make me feel more back to normal. He also discovered a condition I had no idea I had. He did an EMG to confirm his diagnosis. Could not give this doctor a high enough recommendation!!
Dr. Ehyai is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
47 Years Experience
Shiraz University Of Medical Sciences
Graduated in 1971
Vanderbilt University Medical Center
Dr. A R Ehyai accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna HMO Deductible Plan CA only
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Blue Cross California
- BC CA California Care Small Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Small Group
- Blue Cross CA Advantage PPO Preferred DirectAccess Plus
- Blue Cross CA California Care Large Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Individual
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Large Group
- Blue Cross CA Select HMO
- Blue Cross CA Select Plus HMO
Blue Shield California
- BS CA Platinum 90 PPO
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA Bronze 60 PPO SHOP
- Blue Shield CA Bronze Full PPO 4500
- Blue Shield CA PPO
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Access+ HMO 25
- Blue Shield CA Silver 70 PPO
- Blue Shield CA Trio ACO HMO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA PPO
- Health Net CA HMO Employer Group
- Health Net CA HMO Whole Care Network
- Health Net CA PPO
- Health Net EPO - PureCare One Small Business
- Health Net PureCare HSP Individual and Family Plans
- Health Net SmartCare Large Group
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Western Health Advantage
- Western Health Advantage
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. A R Ehyai in this video.
Dr. A R Ehyai is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Sacramento, CA.