Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Rezina Shahid
Dr. Rezina Shahid, MD, MBBS is a Doctor primarily located in Tampa, FL, with other offices in Bay Pines, FL and Fayetteville, AR . Her specialties include Family Medicine and General Practice. Dr. Shahid is affiliated with South Florida Baptist Hospital, South Bay Hospital and JAMES A HALEY VETERANS HOSPITAL. She speaks English.
Dr. Rezina Shahid has the following 2 specialties
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
- General Practice
A general practitioner is similar to a family practitioner in that they treat patients of all ages with a variety of health concerns. These doctors treat everyday ailments, some acute and chronic diseases, and also provid health checkups, physicals, inoculations and preventative care.
General practitioners differ from family practitioners because they are not required to complete an additional residency in family medicine after completing their medical school residency. Like family practitioners, general practitioners will also provide referrals to patients who are in need of a specialist.
- Family Planning
- Flu (Human Influenza)
- Weight Loss
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
Showing 2 of 2
My experience with this doctor at the VA Hospital, St. Pete yesterday was essentially awful. One of the most lackadaisical attitudes I have ever encountered. I sat in the ER with a torn tendon for two hours before she came in and tried to send me home with ice and ibuprofen. Said very little. I had to insist on an xray just to be sure there was nothing broken. She assured me she would make an appt with an orthopedic specialist to have an MRI done. When I called back today for more info, she had listed this is as non emergency- follow up appt suggested within 30 days. There is absolutely NO WAY I could have waited even a few days much less 30 days without the amount of pain and discomfort I am in. Some people have no business being healthcare providers. I would never see this doctor again.
Dr. Shahid is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
JAMES A HALEY VETERANS HOSPITAL
Bay Pines Veterans Affairs Medical Center
Sparks Regional Medical Center
- Sir Salimullah Medical College
Dr. Rezina Shahid accepts the following insurance providers.
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Dr. Rezina Shahid is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Tampa, FL.