Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Rezkalla A Butros has the following 2 specialties
A nephrologist is a physician who is specially trained to diagnose and treat conditions affecting the kidneys or renal system.
A nephrologist will determine through urine analysis, blood test, X-ray, sonogram, or kidney biopsy how well the kidneys are functioning and will then prescribe a special diet and exercise program, medication or dialysis - a process by which a machine filters the blood when the kidney is no longer capable of doing so.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- End Stage Renal Disease (ESRD)
- Chronic Renal Disease
- Chronic Kidney Disease (CKD)
- Kidney Biopsy
- Peritoneal Dialysis
Showing 5 of 41
Not a very caring and compassionate doctor. Amazing that St. Joseph Mt. Sterling allows him to remain Chief of Staff and that he tells people that if they are admitted to this hospital they will have to see him whether they want to or not. I would not suggest that anyone go to this hospital as long as he is Chief of Staff and that people complain to the administration and ask that he be removed. Seems to want people to die and to speed up the process.
My Mother was in the nursing home in MT Sterling for 3 years. She got lung cancer. I "assumed" that she was getting the best of care from Butros, I can't even call him a DR. She wasn't even seen by him, she was seen by his PA. She was supposed to live for 5 to 8 months. She went downhill fast and he never came to see her. He never answered his phone, and he was on call the Sunday she expired. The nurses called him hourly and he never called back. My Mother needed more morphine, he never answered the phone, Mother fell three times and he never saw her. When he did call he was testy with the nurses for bothering him. I was there and could not get him on the phone!! When I called to ask him about it he said, "They must have called the wrong number!" My Mother was dying and he did not call to increase her morphine till the Saturday before she passed. Please avoid that kind of treatment.
Dr. Butros is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
28 Years Experience
University Of Damascus
Graduated in 1990
University Of Kentucky Medical Center
Dr. Rezkalla A Butros accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Anthem Blue Access PPO
- Anthem Blue Preferred HMO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL PPO
Bluegrass Family Health
- Baptist Health Community Care Network
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana Preferred PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsMeans Adult Primary Care Clinic, 148 Skyview Dr, Mount Sterling, KY
Dr. Rezkalla A Butros is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Mount Sterling, KY.