The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer, including signs, symptoms & what happens to the body in each stage of cancer.
- Metastatic Melanoma The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer.
- Skin Cancer Get the facts about skin cancer, including the types and symptoms.
- Bowel Incontinence Facts about bowel incontinence, including causes & who's most at risk.
- Colonoscopy Facts about colonoscopy, including how and why it's done.
- Endometriosis Facts about endometriosis, including symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Rhoda F Leichter has the following 1 specialty
- Vascular Surgery
Vascular surgeons treat and manage disorders in your veins, arteries and your lymphatic system to ensure blood circulation in your heart and in brain is the best it can be. They're well-versed on how your vascular system works with the rest of your body and they can treat conditions that may cause blockages or buildup.
They can perform many of the same diagnostic testing as interventional radiologists can, such as angiography and MRIs. In addition to diagnosis, they provide critical care and treatment for aneurysms, artery blockages and trauma injuries that involve your veins. They can also help patients manage diabetes, blood pressure and cholesterol as well as treat artery disease. Treatment for more serious cases might include bypass surgery or surgery to remove plaque.
- Diabetes Complications
- Varicose Veins
- Vascular Malformations
- Deep Vein Thrombosis
Showing 5 of 8
When you look at the ability and successes of Dr. Leichter, she is way beyond just a small bump on an ankle. Regardless she treated me as if I were her most needed patient. She listened, she followed up, she advised. And her staff was point on from my initial call for an appointment to a request for records being forwarded to my prime doctor. Excelent care!
Dr. Leichter has performed six procedures on me. That I am writing this review is a testament to both her skill and her dedication. One of the procedures was a marathon to correct a vascular emergency that should have been, and very nearly was, fatal. You tend to have a high opinion of someone who quite literally saved your life. She did it for me TWICE! That's right, two life-threatening vascular emergencies, and she saved me both times! Is it any wonder that my entire family believes that the sun rises on her East shoulder and sets on her West? I hope that you never need her services, but if you do, it would be difficult to find better. The staff at University Vascular are efficient and courteous. Sometimes you need to wait a few minutes, as the office works in emergency patients. Th trade-off is that when you are the emergency, the other patients understand. In the end, it all evens out. Over the past ten years I have required 18 vascular procedures, many performed at UCLA by some of their best, including Peter Lawrence and Sam Ahn. Given the choice, I'd go with Dr. Leichter any day of the week.
Dr. Leichter is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
31 Years Experience
Harvard Medical School
Graduated in 1987
Dr. Rhoda F Leichter accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Basic HMO
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna HMO Deductible Plan CA only
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Aetna Vitalidad Plus CA con Aetna
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Blue Cross California
- BC CA California Care Small Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Small Group
- Blue Cross CA Advantage PPO Preferred DirectAccess Plus
- Blue Cross CA California Care Large Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Individual
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Large Group
- Blue Cross CA Pathway X HMO
- Blue Cross CA Pathway X PPO
- Blue Cross CA Priority Select HMO
- Blue Cross CA Select HMO
- Blue Cross CA Select PPO
- Blue Cross CA Select Plus HMO
- Blue Cross CA Vivity
Blue Shield California
- BS CA Platinum 90 PPO
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus Savenet
- Blue Shield CA Bronze 60 PPO SHOP
- Blue Shield CA Bronze Full PPO 4500
- Blue Shield CA Local Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA PPO
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Access+ HMO 25
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Local Access + HMO 25
- Blue Shield CA Silver 70 PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Health Net CA CommunityCare Network HMO
- Health Net CA HMO Employer Group
- Health Net CA HMO SmartCare
- Health Net CA HMO Whole Care Network
- Health Net CA Individual and Family PPO
- Health Net CA PPO
- Health Net EPO - PureCare One Small Business
- Health Net PureCare HSP Individual and Family Plans
- Health Net SmartCare Large Group
- Health Net SmartCare Small Group
- Humana Choice POS
- Molina Mrktplace CA
- UHC SignatureValue Flex1
- UHC SignatureValue Flex3
- UHC SignatureValue Focus
- UHC West SignatureValue HMO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsUniversity Vascular Associates, 1082 Glendon Ave, Los Angeles, CA
Dr. Rhoda F Leichter is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Los Angeles, CA.