Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- ADHD Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Chronic Pain Facts about chronic pain, including body parts most commonly affected.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Diabetic Neuropathy Facts about diabetic neuropathy, including the symptoms and doctors.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Rhoda G Seplowitz has the following 2 specialties
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
A neurologist is a physician who diagnoses and treats disorders of the nervous system which is comprised of the brain, spinal cord and nerves. These doctors do not perform surgery, but refer patients to neurological surgeons when they determine that surgical intervention is necessary.
Some of the conditions that neurologists diagnose and treat are epilepsy, aneurysms, hydrocephalus, Parkinson's disease, multiple sclerosis, stroke, spinal disc herniation, and spinal disease.
In addition to using diagnostic tests like MRI, CT scans, EEG and EMG, neurologists also employ neurological testing to gauge muscle strength and movement, balance, reflexes, sensation, memory, speech, and other cognitive abilities.
Dr. Rhoda G Seplowitz has the following 11 expertise
- Mood Disorders
- Mental Illness
- Sleep Disorders
- Personality Disorder
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Depressive Disorder
- Bipolar Disorder
Dr. Rhoda G Seplowitz has 1 board certified specialty
Dr. Rhoda G Seplowitz is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 4 of 4
My experience with Dr. Seplowitz was very good overall and I have recommended her to a friend going through some really tough issues. She was a lifesaver after I had my baby and I don't know how I would have coped without her. During my appointments she gave me full attention and was very professional and never made me feel crazy. She looks kind of young but seems to know a lot and I actually prefer someone younger who "gets" women today. What I find unique about her vs. other psychiatrists is she actually returns your call! Very convenient location too - for me at least :)
Doctor Seplowitz has a condescending attitude. I picked up on this immediately and it persisted through our appointment. She lacks compassion and gives you the feeling she's laughing at you in her head. Funny thing is she's not nearly as knowledgeable as she seems to think she is. She in fact contradicted herself a few times and I found I knew more than her about a few meds. Way too 'by the book' and seems unable to think outside the box. Lacks experience and not even very good at diagnosing, yet spends tons of time focused on it... not reccomended!!! Terribly dissappointing. Left feeling more hopeless and misunderstood than before. And I paid for that!?!?! Ugh. And Did I mention she's condescending?!?!? You better be extremely good at what you do if you're going to act like you're so much better than others. Got impression she's only in it for the money. WastedTime and money on my part!! Useless doctor in my opinion!!!
14 Years Experience
New York Medical College
Graduated in 2004
Please contact the office for more information.
Locations & DirectionsRhoda Gail Seplowitz Md, 4545 Bissonnet St Ste 275, Bellaire, TX
Dr. Rhoda G Seplowitz is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Bellaire, TX.