Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Rhonda H Davis has the following 1 specialty
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
- Weight Loss
- Family Planning
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 9
I have struggled with class II diabetes for several years without much luck controlling it. Dr. Davis sat down and gave of her valuable time to make sure I was doing all the things I had been taught by other professionals correctly..in my case the pamplets and instructions were just that..instructions. She took the time to explain a differently life style and the whys of each change she was requiring me to take if I wanted to get better. It is hard for me to believe that in two weeks time, by following her advice(which she wrote down for me) step by step...I brought down my daily numbers on an average of 80 to 100 points...I am 84 in Feb. and a retired nurse but it took her to give me good reasons for the changes and the easiest best way to follow my new life style...my thank you to her for her interest in me and my case and help me solve a problem that had been with me for a long time..it is actually a pleasure to have someone want to help you even if you are almost 84 . Many of my friends and I are almost given up on as we get older thinking our problems just come from age..they don't and she has proven it to me..her staff is also polite and very efficient...my grade for my visits have excellent. P.Gurley
Bridges to Excellence: Physician Office Systems Recognition Program
This program is designed to recognize practices that use information systems to enhance the quality of patient care. To obtain Recognition, practices must demonstrate that they have implemented systematic office
NCQA Patient-Centered Medical Home
The patient-centered medical home is a way of organizing primary care that emphasizes care coordination and communication to transform primary care into what patients want it to be. Medical homes can lead to higher quality and lower costs, and can improve patients' and providers' experience of care.
Dr. Davis is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
37 Years Experience
University Of North Carolina At Chapel Hill School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1981
Midmichigan Medical Center
Dr. Rhonda H Davis accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
BCBS North Carolina
- BCBS NC Blue Value
- BCBS NC BlueOptions
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry Carelink - Carolinas HealthCare System Tier 2
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsHorizon Family Medicine, 410 Canterbury Rd, Smithfield, NC
Dr. Rhonda H Davis is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Smithfield, NC.