Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Riad R Laham has the following 2 specialties
- Pain Medicine
Anesthesiologists are physicians who are trained to administer anesthetics, which are medicines used to block nerve sensation. Anesthesia can be either local to one specific part of a body, like a tooth, or regional to block feeling to a larger portion of the body, such as during an epidural for child birth. It can also be more general to block sensation to the entire body, resulting in unconsciousness.
Anesthesiologists assist in surgery by determining how much anesthesia is necessary and by monitoring the patient's level of responsiveness and vital signs throughout the procedure. The anesthesia specialist will also bring the patient out of anesthesia and then continue to monitor his or her vital signs post-operation.
Besides assisting in surgeries, anesthesiologists may also treat patients suffering from chronic pain.
- Acute Pain
- Cancer Pain
- Chronic Pain
- Back Pain
Showing 5 of 9
Hillcrest Hospital's Pain Management is great. Appointments are easy, the staff is really nice, and you do NOT spend a lot of time waiting at all. While Dr. Laham is direct and to the point, he has helped me TREMENDOUSLY. He is willing to work with you and do what he can to make you feel better which is NOT easy to find in Pain Management this day in age. Anyone who has bad experiences with PM docs, think of it this way... Imagine how HARD it must be in their shoes to try to judge between addicts and patients in need! I have been with Dr. Laham for years now and am sticking with him!
I have saw this doctor due to a referral for chronic pain management. He was very abrupt, would not listen to me, and one the most rude doctors I have ever met. He claims they do not give medication to chronic pain patients but then goes on to talk about other patients he does treat with medications. While his staff was very nice, this is one doctor you do not want to see for help with pain management. He is very egotistical and has the mindset that only those over the age of 70 should be treated for chronic pain.
38 Years Experience
University Of Damascus
Graduated in 1980
Dr. Riad R Laham accepts the following insurance providers.
- Anthem Blue Access PPO
- Anthem Blue Preferred HMO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL PPO
- First Health PPO
Medical Mutual of Ohio
- MMOH SuperMed POS Select
- MMOH SuperMed PPO Plus
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsTeresa E Dews Md, 6803 Mayfield Rd Ste 200, Cleveland, OH
Dr. Riad R Laham is similar to the following 0 Doctors near Cleveland, OH.