Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Riaz M Rahman has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Weight Loss
Showing 5 of 9
When he told me what medication he was suggesting, I told him of my negative history with the drug (he even read back through my chart and confirmed my negative reaction to the recommended drug) but he insisted I try it anyway. The second day in his care he increased the dose. On the third day when I started having a negative reaction to the medication he consulted a GI specialist and the GI specialist made the necessary adjustments so that I began to get better. But I ended up spending 4 extra, miserable days in the hospital because he didn't want to listen to my past experience.
I went to dr. Rahman Riaz for a physical exam. He asked me if I have any pains. I told him , that I have pain in my right ear, but I know that it is my TMJ and I have an appointment with my TMJ doctor the next day. He said that his nurse will check my ear. Nobody told me that it is not part of my physical exam and will be billed separate as major surgery to my insurance. The doctor was not even in the room, when his nurse sprayed water in my ear from the spray bottle. They billed it as surgery!( it states on my eob from insurance co).It looks like the doctor is trying to bring his production numbers up by billing extras and unnecessary work and tricking patients by acting that it's something that part of physical exam. I tried to resolve it with the office, the manager from billing department was extremely rude and unprofessional, so after 7 phone calls I asked for her manager to call me and as of right now nobody called me.
NCQA Patient-Centered Medical Home
The patient-centered medical home is a way of organizing primary care that emphasizes care coordination and communication to transform primary care into what patients want it to be. Medical homes can lead to higher quality and lower costs, and can improve patients' and providers' experience of care.
Bridges to Excellence: Physician Office Systems Recognition Program
This program is designed to recognize practices that use information systems to enhance the quality of patient care. To obtain Recognition, practices must demonstrate that they have implemented systematic office
24 Years Experience
State University Of New York Downstate Medical Center College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1994
Cook County Hospital
Dr. Riaz M Rahman accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS MA Blue Care Elect PPO
- BCBS MA Preferred Blue PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Connecticare Flex Connecticut
- Empire Blue Priority EPO
- Empire HMO
- Empire PPO
- Empire Prism EPO Blue Priority
- Healthfirst NY HMO ABCD
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
MVP Health Plan
- MVP Preferred PPO
- PHCS PPO
- Oxford Freedom
- Oxford Liberty
- Oxford Metro
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsMontefiore Medical Group Bronx East, 2300 Westchester Ave Ste 2, Bronx, NY
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Riaz M Rahman in this video.
Dr. Riaz M Rahman is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Bronx, NY.