Chronic Dry Eye
Get the facts about chronic dry eye, including the causes, symptoms and doctors who treat this condition.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Chronic Dry Eye Facts about chronic dry eye, including the causes, symptoms & doctors.
- Contact Lens Care A complete overview of contact lenses.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- IUD Types, risks & benefits of intrauterine devices (IUD) for protection.
- Infertility Facts about infertility, including the risk factors and causes.
- Macular Degeneration Get the facts about macular degeneration.
- Pregnancy Facts about pregnancy, including symptoms you can expect to have.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Ricard Steinfeld
Dr. Ricard Steinfeld, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Edison, NJ. He has 53 years of experience. His specialties include Medical Genetics and Ophthalmology. Dr. Steinfeld is affiliated with Anthony M. Yelenesics Community Hospital, Edison and JFK Johnson Rehabilitation Institute. He speaks English.
Dr. Ricard Steinfeld has the following 2 specialties
- Medical Genetics
Geneticists are doctors with expertise in genetic or hereditary disorders. Many of the diseases we get are inherited, or passed on through the genes of our biological parents. These specialists study the biology behind a genetic disorder's origin, the traits that it presents in a patient and its pathway. This allows them to diagnose and treat each illness effectively.
An ophthalmologist has the training to do much more than just prescribe glasses. They are physicians specially trained to diagnose and treat disorders of the eyes and vision. These doctors are experts on the complicated anatomy of the eye and are trained to treat eye diseases through both medical and surgical methods.
Some common conditions that ophthalmologists treat are cataracts, glaucoma, strabismus, diabetic retinopathy, macular degeneration and amblyopia. In addition, ophthalmologists can provide prescriptions for eye glasses and contact lenses and perform LASIK surgery and other corrective surgeries for refractive errors like myopia (near-sightedness), hyperopia (far-sightedness), astigmatism and presbyopia.
Dr. Ricard Steinfeld has the following 1 expertise
- Lens Implants (Intraocular Lens Implantation)
Dr. Ricard Steinfeld is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Dr. Steinfeld is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Anthony M. Yelenesics Community Hospital, Edison
JFK Johnson Rehabilitation Institute
53 Years Experience
State University of New York Downstate
Graduated in 1960
Li Jewish Medical Center
Dr. Ricard Steinfeld accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Oxford Freedom
- Oxford Liberty
- UHC Navigate POS
Locations & DirectionsADVANCED OPHTHALMOLOGY, 1812 Oak Tree Rd, Edison, NJ
Dr. Ricard Steinfeld is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Edison, NJ.