Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Ricardo Adames
Dr. Ricardo Adames, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Brownsville, TX, with another office in Brownsville, TX. He has 28 years of experience. His specialties include Internal Medicine. Dr. Adames is affiliated with Brownsville Surgical Hospital and Rio Grande Regional Hospital. He speaks English.
Dr. Ricardo Adames has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Showing 5 of 15
I am very disappointed in the service i have received at the Dr. Office. I went with him because my family has seen them for many many years and i was sure that he would find what was happening with me. He did. But the matter that his staff took action towards helping me get to the specialist is what has upset me. Their urgency in helping patients is not there. I had to keep calling to see if they had done a what they were told to do by the doctor. Their urgency, compassion for the patient was just not there. Because of this i will be changing my primary care doctor.
Dr. Adames is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Brownsville Surgical Hospital
Rio Grande Regional Hospital
28 Years Experience
Universidad Catol Madre Y Maestra (Ucmm)
Graduated in 1985
Please contact the office for more information.
Locations & Directions
Dr. Ricardo Adames is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Brownsville, TX.