Get the facts about contraceptive implants, including how they work, the benefits and risks, and what types of doctors implant them.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Urinary Incontinence The symptoms and causes of urinary incontinence or urge incontinence.
- Contraceptive Implants Facts about contraceptive implants; how they work, benefits & risks.
- Endometriosis Facts about endometriosis, including symptoms.
- Hysterectomy Why a hysterectomy is performed and different surgeries available.
- IUD Types, risks & benefits of intrauterine devices (IUD) for protection.
- Infertility Facts about infertility, including the risk factors and causes.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Menorrhagia Get the facts about menorrhagia, including the causes, symptoms, and doctors who treat it.
- Migraine Facts about migraine headaches and different types of migraines.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Ricardo Azziz
Dr. Ricardo Azziz, MD, MBA, MPH is a Doctor primarily located in Augusta, GA. He has 29 years of experience. His specialties include Reproductive Endocrinology and Infertility and Obstetrics and Gynecology. Dr. Azziz is affiliated with Augusta University Medical Center, Medical College of Georgia Hospital & Clinic (MCG Health Inc) and MCG Medical Center. He speaks English.
Dr. Ricardo Azziz has the following 2 specialties
- Reproductive Endocrinology and Infertility
- Obstetrics and Gynecology
An obstetrician & gynecologist, or OB/GYN, is a physician who cares for women throughout their pregnancies, straight through to the delivery of their baby (obstetrician). They also specialize in annual care, as well as the diagnosis and treatment of disorders of the female reproductive system (gynecologist). Many physicians specialize in both of these fields in order to provide complete overall health services to women at every stage of life.
Dr. Ricardo Azziz has the following 4 expertise
- Adrenal Gland Diseases
- Female Infertility
- Polycystic Ovary Syndrome (PCOS)
Dr. Ricardo Azziz has 2 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Ricardo Azziz is Board Certified in 2 specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 4 of 4
Although Dr. Azziz can be a bit hurried (he always comes in with either some MD on their fellowship or a resident), he is an extremely caring doctor. When my primary care MD completely dropped the ball on a suspicious mammogram, it was Dr. Azziz who made the phone call & got me in to see a topnotch breast cancer specialist. While it may take a while to get an appointment (he teaches) & a long wait to see him, it's WORTH it.
Dr. Azziz is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Augusta University Medical Center
Medical College of Georgia Hospital & Clinic (MCG Health Inc)
MCG Medical Center
Medical College of GA Hospital
29 Years Experience
Pennsylvania State University College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1984
Georgetown University Medical Center
Dr. Ricardo Azziz accepts the following insurance providers.
- Anthem Blue Open Access POS Alternate Network
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS GA Blue Choice HMO
- BCBS GA Blue Choice PPO
- BCBS GA Blue Open Access POS
- BCBS GA BlueChoice Option POS
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry CoventryOne - GA
- First Health PPO
Locations & DirectionsAugusta University Medical Center, 1120 15th St, Augusta, GA
Dr. Ricardo Azziz is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Augusta, GA.