Get the facts about arrythmia, inclding the types, symptoms and causes.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Arrhythmia Facts about arrythmia, inclding the types, symptoms and causes.
- Atrial Fibrillation Facts about atrial fibrillation, including symptoms and risk factors.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Coronary Artery Angioplasty with Stent Coronary artery angioplasty with stent facts, including who needs it.
- Coronary Heart Disease Get the facts about coronary heart disease.
- Deep Vein Thrombosis Facts about deep vein thrombosis (DVT), including symptoms & causes.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Ricardo A Calvo has the following 2 specialties
- Cardiovascular Disease
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Ricardo A Calvo has the following 14 expertise
- Nuclear Stress Test
- Shortness of Breath
- Unstable Angina
- Acute Coronary Syndrome (ACS)
- High Cholesterol (Hypercholesterolemia)
- High Blood Pressure
- Exercise Stress Test
- Heart Failure
- Electrocardiogram (EKG)
- Chest Pain
- Heart Block
- Heart Diseases
- Cardiac Ultrasound
Dr. Ricardo A Calvo has 2 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Ricardo A Calvo is Board Certified in 2 specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 8
My experience with Dr. Calvo was horrible! I went to him to get a physical and upon arriving in his office i noticed the building in which he was located smelled like saliva and especially his office. I just smelled dirty! my first appointment was schedualed for 2:30 but he wasnt even in his office until 3:30! as i sat in the exam room waiting for him, all i heard was him screaming at an elderly chinese woman that she was being difficult. when he finally did come in to see me he looked like something out of miami vice, in his cream colored suit andt hawian shirt with his chest hair and gold chains hanging out, smelling of a cologne that im sure my father wore in the 80's..he was nice enough but was way to close for comfort, he had no respect for personal space what so ever. I was then schedualed to have a nuclear stress test and when i arrived at the place for my 9:00am appointment at 8:30am i was assured by his office staff that he would be on time as i had an very important meeting to attend. The tech who did my imaging was very nice and i was all ready to have the stress test administered at 9:30am except for one problem. My doctor was no where to be found. Me and this poor Tech called his office about 15 times and the poor receptionist in his office called him numourous times. Dr. Calvo didnt make it there till 12:30!!! Way to stress your patients out before a stress test. When he arrived i had convinced the tech to administer my stress test and was already finished by time he arrived, i did the second part of my imaging and was rushing out because i was late for my meeting. He was annoyed that i was upset and kept trying to explain things to me, he said I seemed upset, i lost it at that point and yelled that i was upset that i waited 3 hours and now i have to leave, he said he was sorry i had to wait and i said yea me to, and left. the next day i went in for an echo and waited an 1 1/2hrs to see him again because he was not in his office. I requested all of my tests and results from the ladies at the front desk and am glad i wont be seeing him again. the only good thing about this experience was his nurse and receptionist, i dont know how they could work for him!
Dr. Calvo is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
37 Years Experience
Universidad De Panama
Graduated in 1981
Wayne State University School Of Medicine
Dr. Ricardo A Calvo accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Horizon Direct Access
- Horizon HMO
- Horizon POS
- Horizon PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- Oxford Freedom
- Oxford Health Garden State
- Oxford Liberty
- Oxford Metro
- QualCare HMO
- QualCare PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsRicardo A Calvo Md, 2 State Route 27 Ste 410, Edison, NJ
Dr. Ricardo A Calvo is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Edison, NJ.