Dr. Ricardo Calzada Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Ricardo Calzada?

Rudeness to the Max!

I went to see Dr. Calzada on the 23rd of Oct. for my colitis. We waited for an hour before we went to a room. 15 minutes later he came in and already had an attitude. I had written down all my symptoms I was having since I went on the steroids. He didn't want to hear them and just said "It isn't the medicine. If you don't want to take it that's up to you." I told him I now am very constipated. And he said "That's Great!" I tried to get my questions answered and he wouldn't listen. I told him I was having some side effects from the medicine and he said if you read the side effects you have made up your mind that you will get all of them! I couldn't believe it. I told him I was done with his rudeness and fired him as my doctor. I walked out crying. So now I don't have a doctor and I am out of steriods!! What a mess. My husband was there and he couldn't believe it either. I have never been treated by a doctor like this. He needs to retire!!!! I called him 3 times because I had a bladder infection & swollen gums a week after I started the medicine and he never called me back. I finally went to my family doctor to get help.

Frustrating experience

I would never recommend Dr. Calzada to anyone. His bedside manner is wrapped in ego. He was not at all interested in explaining details about a prognosis. The attitude was more of a "trust me, I know what I'm doing" mentality. Our encounter with him was through the local hospital. With every questions asked and unanswered he took a backward step toward the door, making it clear that he had no intention of staying any longer than absolutely necessary. He may be a perfectly competent doctor, but by the time he walked away we were so angry we couldn't see straight.