Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Ricardo G Cigarroa Jr has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Ricardo G Cigarroa Jr has the following 14 expertise
- Unstable Angina
- High Cholesterol (Hypercholesterolemia)
- Heart Diseases
- High Blood Pressure
- Exercise Stress Test
- Shortness of Breath
- Cardiac Ultrasound
- Heart Block
- Electrocardiogram (EKG)
- Chest Pain
- Nuclear Stress Test
- Acute Coronary Syndrome (ACS)
- Heart Failure
Dr. Ricardo G Cigarroa Jr has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 5 of 28
Without the doctor ever seeing me, without getting results of a stress and other coronary tests and without my initial consent, I was automatically scheduled for exploratory surgery. The doctor reluctantly came to see me after I refused the surgery. Although I was told I had abnormal results from one of the tests, I was found to be ok.
saved my life. his nurses very well trained, do the questions and logging in, EKGs, blood test etc, same nurse. very professional and efficient. he so good he is in high demand so there are some trade offs but its made up for with excellent trained nurses. in good hands with this doctor. if want talk to doctor more do like me, use another doctor who has time to talk to you. when the serious work needs to be done he calls r cigarroa. to do the serious stuff then after my other doctor explains to me. works out well that way. Ricardo just very busy.
34 Years Experience
Harvard Medical School
Graduated in 1984
Dallas Co Hp Parkland Memorial
Dr. Ricardo G Cigarroa Jr accepts the following insurance providers.
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Locations & DirectionsLaredo Medical Center, 1700 E Saunders St, Laredo, TX
Dr. Ricardo G Cigarroa Jr is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Laredo, TX.